sex problem | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-07-2004, 09:40 AM
sex problem

I know that this is a pretty similar post to another one from a few days ago.
My husband and I haven't had regular sex for about three years. He's had hormonal problems as well as I have. It seemed that our timing was never right. I just had my last ovary removed almost 2 months ago, and my husband I have finally had sex twice in the past two weeks. In the past three years, we've had sex maybe twice.
The first time we did, two weeks ago, I forgot to use lubrication. Not a good thing, I had a little spotting the next day and was sore. This last time, I used Astroglide and that helped in the dryness factor, but for some reason, he could only go in so far. In the two times that we did have sex in those previous three years, (once after my hysterectomy), I never noticed a problem with that.
I don't feel him bumping up against anything either. I'm thinking that this may be a muscle problem or maybe somehow my vagina got smaller. Also, the Astroglide didn't last as long as we thought it would. After awhile, it was becoming work rather than fun, so we stopped. I've been to a urologist for my pelvic muscles, maybe I need to go again.
Any advice? Should I call my OB/GYN or the urologist nurse that was helping me with my Kegel's (for some stupid reason, I can never remember to do them, either)? Or should I have sex a few more times to see if it starts loosening up with use? I didn't have any spotting after this last time, but it still wasn't as enjoyable as I know it should have been.

Thanks!
Phoebeflower
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2004, 11:21 AM
sex problem

Oh (((( Phoebeflower)))) I'm so sorry that you're still having problems in this area

I'm not an expert in this area, since, in my case, sex has not been a problem since my surgery However, I agree that seeing your doctor about this might be a good idea. It is possible that you are dealing with shrinkage of the vaginal muscles, both from the surgeries and from lack of use. If that's the case, there are therapies and devices that could help your vagina regain it's elasticity.

Furthermore, with the BSO, you might be dealing with lack of lubrication. Here's a link to an article on this issue: Vaginal Dryness

Sending lots of s your way and wishing you the best of luck. Please, do keep us posted.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register