The Eyre Affair - Jasper Fforde | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The Eyre Affair - Jasper Fforde The Eyre Affair - Jasper Fforde

Unread 08-08-2004, 12:06 AM
The Eyre Affair - Jasper Fforde

This book is the hoot to end all hoots! It's a wacked out thriller with a detective named Thursday Next who is a cross between Mickey Spillaine and a NYTimes Book Review Critic.

The thing is just too weird to describe, but it's a must for English majors!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2004, 02:33 AM

you have piqued my curiosity!!!!

off to check it out----

btw: what is your main source for English books in Tel Aviv? Are they very costly?

There are a few shops here that carry English books, but the prices are high, ---I've found shopping on Amazon to be a great treat- the selection is wild, and the service is fantastic
plus if things go astray and don't arrive, they have excellent customer service - NO hassles.
Unread 08-08-2004, 04:55 AM

Well, "serious" books I can get via interlibrary loan from any university or most college libraries in the country for free, as a perk from being a university librarian myself.

Tel Aviv has a good public library, with a large English collection, but the hours aren't so great.

There's a couple of local chain stores here that carry a lot of English books - anything on the NYTimes best seller list is sure to get here, but the markup is great. Even without the cost difference, I prefer trade paper to hard cover, so there's still the wait.

Haven't tried Amazon yet, am still to chicken to put my credit card on the net.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2004, 05:11 AM
Have you tried Thursday Next: Lost in a Good Book?

I, too, am a Thursday Next fan (and a librarian . . . think there's a connection?). Fabulous books! Great fun! Not recommended for while you're on pain meds, though . . . could drive you right into the other world or something! (just kidding, of course)
Unread 08-08-2004, 06:06 AM
Talking - The Eyre Affair - Jasper Fforde The Eyre Affair - Jasper Fforde

I'm gonna scoot to the public library on my way home to pick up _Lost in a Good Book_ (the second one). I heard the third one just came out last week!

Thursday would make a terrific film heroine if they didn't always mess things up - look what they did with V.I. Whatshername, the Polish gal who liked high heels.

I guess the books might be okay on pain meds if the staples are out - my goodness, I think the worse thing about the staples was not being able to laugh!
Unread 08-09-2004, 07:31 AM

Actually there is a fourth book just out. It is called "Something Rotten". I can't wait to start on the series. Are the other books out in paperback?
I think the third book is called "The Well of Lost Plots".
Unread 08-09-2004, 07:34 AM

I've been checking it out on Amazon -- looks like something I could get hooked on !!

thanks for the tip!
Unread 08-09-2004, 08:05 PM

There was an article about the author in Sunday's paper. It caught my eye because of this post. I went out tonight and bought the first two books. I've started the first and had to make myself put it down. If I don't I will be up for a few more hours reading. It is a wonderful find. Thank you Marian Paroo.
Unread 08-09-2004, 10:50 PM

Votelady -

Glad to be of service!
Unread 08-10-2004, 02:58 AM
Cool - The Eyre Affair - Jasper Fforde The Eyre Affair - Jasper Fforde

Jasper fforde has written 4 books, eyre affair lost in a good book, something rotten and untitled novel 4.
He is starting to sell in the UK. mainly because of his eyre affair coming out as a book. Where would you classify his books?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register