stomach problems | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

stomach problems stomach problems

Unread 08-09-2004, 10:57 PM
stomach problems

I don't know where else to go......there's no other website out there quite like hystersisters. I know I'm not supposed to post about non-hysterectomy issues anywhere else on this site, so I guess this is the place to be. I figure there has to be lot's of you out there with the same problem as me......

I don't know how many of you remember me....I don't post very often anymore. I had GERD surgery a year ago for severe acid reflux. It was very successful. Well, now I'm having gastrointestinal problems. My stomach hurts so bad after I eat. I can only eat a few bites and then my stomach feels like it's going to burst. I end up with incredibly sharp pains in my stomach that move down into my intestines. The pain is so bad I can hardly sit or stand up. I am now on a liquid diet. Liquids cause problems too, but not as much as solid foods. I'm even having a little acid reflux again.

The stomach pain has me really concerned. Why does my stomcah feel like it's going to burst after I eat even just tiny amounts? Why am I in so much pain after eating? Ulcers? Gastritis? IBS? Obviously you can't diagnose me, but I guess I'm just wondering if any of you experience these same symptoms and what's your diagnosis?

These symptoms are new......they started just a couple weeks ago and seem to be getting worse. No, I have not been to the doctor. I was hoping diet change would cure me, but so far no such luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2004, 11:22 PM
stomach problems

Hi hon

Certainly do remember you!!!

So sorry to hear you're having these problems. My stomach problems are different to yours in that I have the world's most sensitive stomach I'm sure It reacts to so many things that sometimes I wonder what happens when I run out of foods I can eat and I'll starve to death!!!! I get so very ill sometimes and my stomach just burns up like the lining of my stomach is being burnt off. Mine is totally related to the food or drink I consume and happens about 15 to 20 minutes after I eat/drink it. I've just been through a nightmare trying to find water my stomach can tolerate and it's only been since I got a water distiller that that problem's been solved. It sure can be a nightmare though as sometimes I'm almost scared to put anything into my mouth. I've had this problem a long time though, and I've learnt to manage it very well over the years. It sure hasn't been easy though, and it still rules my life each and every day.

Anyway my problems aren't at all helpful to you.

Have you been eating/drinking something different in the last two weeks? Sometimes it could be something very obscure that you're not really even aware of. You haven't started on any medication or anything like that? Think back really carefully and see if anything pops into your mind.

Hey, you've got to go to the doctor about this though. This is not right. There's got to be some reason why you feel so full after eating so little and in so much pain. That's just not right hon!!!
Please, please ring your doctor tomorrow. You're only going to worry yourself sick wondering what could be causing this. Pain is something that shouldn't be ignored.

Please make that call and let's know how it went. Be thinking of you.

Unread 08-10-2004, 01:34 AM
stomach problems

I keep losing my posts!
I am really sorry to hear of your new problems. I think I remember replying to a previous thread, where you were asking if someone had had the procedure you've had?
I am sorry you are having all these new problems it must be soul destroying after the surgery.
You really need to speak to your doctor about all that is happening, he will be able to tell you whether its good or not. You may have upset the lining of your stomach, he will be able to advise you. I hope that you get this issue sorted out soon.
Please keep us posted as to how you get on, we are all here for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2004, 08:25 AM
stomach problems

Silverfern and Fran. K, thanks for your responses. I know I need to call the doctor.....you're right. As I laid in bed last night, unable to even turn onto my side because the pain was so bad, I realized I am just letting this go and it's only getting worse and I need to get it checked.

Why does it seem to be one problem after another with me? I can only deal with one thing at a time. This is worse than my GYN problems at the moment, so I will deal with this, then once it's taken care of, I will deal with the decision of whether or not to have my ovaries taken out........one thing at a time. It is just too overwheliming having so many problems!

Thanks for being here for me
Unread 08-10-2004, 08:26 AM
stomach problems

BTW....a friend had similar symptoms and it turned out she had cancer.....she died 5 days after her diagnosis........see, now I'm letting my mind go crazy. I better get into the doctor! I'll let you know how it goes.
Unread 08-10-2004, 08:39 AM
stomach problems

Hi pasedechat I remember you. I also have ic.
have your dr check for bowel obstruction or diverticulitis I have been having a lot of problems with my stomach lately too. and my dr found that I had several adhesions on my intestines, causing them to be twisted around each other. If you still have your ovaries I would have them do an abdominal ultrasound to rule out cysts. mine strated hurting really bad after I had a cysto-hydro last year that is when they found my cysts. good luck to you.
Unread 08-10-2004, 04:34 PM
stomach problems

Hi hon

I'm so pleased you're going to the doctor. Hopefully he'll be able to get to the root of the problem quickly and you can get this sorted. I'm just so sorry you've had so many things go wrong for you but all you can do is face one problem at a time, as you said. Sometimes it's just too overwhelming to look at the 'big' picture.

Hang in there.

Unread 08-10-2004, 05:34 PM
stomach problems

(((pasdechat)))
I sure can relate to what you're going through!!! I've been fighting GI problems for many years now. Please try not to panic, I have many of the symptoms you describe and have been checked out thoroughly and so far, no cancer, and I'm still alive, still battling, but I'm still here to fight the battle.

As long as I don't eat I do fairly well. But as soon as I start eating again, my symptoms come back. I ate pizza this weekend and ended up in bed with a tummy that I thought was going to pop at any moment. However, it wasn't as bad as it's been in the past, so perhaps I am making some progress.

Do call your doctor as you need to be checked out. The doc will probably want to run alot of tests to rule things out, or in, as the case may be. But you really need to call and schedule that appt!

Unread 08-13-2004, 09:05 AM
stomach problems

Hello everyone!

I went to the doctor last night. I couldn't get an appointment, so I just went to urgent care. I had a couple more symptoms in addition to the ones I was already having, so I just went in.

The doctor did several blood tests and the results that came back were all fine. We're just waiting on a couple more, like the liver functioning test. My urine had a "significant" amount of ketones in it. The doctor said that probably indicates a virus, especially since I started having diarrhea yesterday. After reading on the internet when I came home, it sounds like it's probably from not eating the last few days. I'm not convinced I have a virus.

Since I'm having some acid reflux, he put me on prescription Pepcid. To help with all of my symptoms, he wants me on a clear liquid diet for two days and then the BRAT diet for two days. After that, if I'm no better, he wants me to see my primary care doctor to investigate things further.

I still feel sick and my stomach still hurts, but this does not feel like a virus. I guess time will tell. I've lost 7 pounds in the last week because of this and I'm sure my weight will continue to go down as long as I am in pain like this! I want to eat, but I become so sick when I do. I am actually hungry, but when I eat ANYTHING, I get sick, have diarrhea and my stomach hurts. The doctor also listened to my abdomen and said it sounded overactive.

That's it for now.
Unread 08-13-2004, 08:02 PM
stomach problems

Hi Pasdechat

I'm glad you went to the doctor even if you're not much further ahead. I guess if you're having diarrhea that rules out a bowel or intestinal blockage somewhat, which is one good thing.

Be interesting to see what the next few days brings on your clear liquid diet as to whether it's a virus. Strange sounding virus to me. Still, there are a lot of odd viruses out there so who knows.

Hope you don't fade away in the meantime hon. Take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register