bladder spasms...?s | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bladder spasms...?s bladder spasms...?s

Unread 08-11-2004, 07:18 PM
bladder spasms...?s

Hi, I saw my urologist last week. I have never had problems with my bladder before my surgery. Unfortunately, I have had problems with frequency/pain/burning so my family doc sent me to see this Urologist. He was very "to the point", quick questions and a 5 minute visit. He did a cystoscopy(sp?)where he put a tube in the urethra. He told me I empty my bladder well, he then re-inserted the scope and filled the bladder with air. He told me I would feel a little discomfort...I had tears rolling down my face. When it was done he told me I had bladder spasms and that I was very lucky because most women tended to "dribble" with the spasms, and until now thank goodness do not. He was so quick and matter of fact that I didn't even think to ask how this came about or whether or not this would go away with the meds. I have not had much luck with the pills yet. Has anyone had experience with this? Sorry this is so long, I appreciate anyone's insight on this.
Thanks all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2004, 08:13 PM
bladder spasms...?s

Hi Rose-

My surgery was 4/19 and I'm also having bladder problems. I've been to the urologist and he's doing a cystoscopy next Tuesday and another test, but mine will be done at the hospital.

I'm having frequent urination, and leaking with the spasms. Not too much pain though, I don't take anything for it. I was on Ditropan and it didn't work.

I'll be anxious to hear form oters on this site. I also never had any bladder problems before surgery, and my gyn did not do anything to the baldder, I just had a TAH.
Unread 08-11-2004, 09:44 PM
bladder spasms...?

Has your doctor suggested Pyridium or Urised? That sometimes
helps with spasms and frequency. Cystospaz might also help.

Good luck, Phyllis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2004, 09:52 PM
bladder spasms...?s

Wow,

I would find another urologist. His bedside manner seems to be awful. I have interstitial cystitis and was having spasms and severe pain. He did the cystocsopy and a hydrodystension in the hospital. The hydrodystension helped relieve the pain, and I also had 6 dmso installation treatments. All seems to be well now with my bladder I still have occasional pain that won't go away but I take a little pain medicine and it goes away. I just hope it doesn't come back full force because it was horrible. I never thought I had any bladder problems either before surgery, I just think my endo pain covered up the bladder pain.

Good luck and sending you s
Unread 08-11-2004, 10:47 PM
Wink - bladder spasms...?s bladder spasms...?s

Hello all,

I too have the bladder spasms, and I am afraid to see a urologist. After my surgery on 4/12 and the recovery afterwards, I don't want any more pain. It is sort of good to know that I am not the only one experiencing the pain. I hope that this pain ends for everyone.
Unread 08-13-2004, 10:56 AM
have many bladder spasms

Hello - I know all about bladder spasms!!! They are horrible. Mine do not cause me to leak, they cause me to have the urge constantly. I had TAH on 7/26, but before that I had trauma from a foley that caused the spasms. My urologist gave me Levsin. I put it under my tongue. It seems to help very little.. Currently I have a stent on my right side supporting my right ureter. They found a stone during my TAH, and hoping the stent will help it pass. Good luck.....I am sorry I do not have some better advice.
Unread 08-13-2004, 04:36 PM
bladder spasms...?s

My bladder spasms sound different. Could someone tell me why?

Since post-op, especially right after coming home.....I would get VERY painful spasms every time I emptied my bladder.....as I emptied it, the more painful it became.

This has eased slowly - but I do still have spasms/pressure when emptying my bladder. Every day.

Is this how you feel too? I only have one kidney - it has never given me any trouble. I have never experienced a bladder/urinary tract infection. I have no fever.

What do my sisters think? :confuse:
Unread 08-14-2004, 08:02 AM
bladder spasms...?s

Hi Bella, I would definitely seek out your dr's opinion. I know that when he was filling up the bladder with gas, it gave me that same painful sensation that I had. The first few weeks after my surgery, I had more pain after I was done. I did come home with a UTI. I really cannot tell the difference between spasms and the infection, other than the fact that there was blood in the urine. Have you spoken to your dr yet?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register