Having a problem | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Having a problem Having a problem

Unread 08-12-2004, 10:34 AM
Having a problem

Hi! It's been awhile since I've posted on the boards. I have a TVH in Aug., 2003. About amonth or 2 after the surgery, I was having pain in the area of my ovaries. At the time, the dr. told me I hadn't healed completely and to give it time. So I did. Over the next few months, I had sharp right and left side pain. It would decrease for a couple of weeks and then come back. Intercourse is painful, too. I've had a couple of nose surgeries this year so I had pain meds. to take. Regular OTC meds don't touch the pain when it gets really bad. So, here I am 1 year post surgery and I have more days of pain than before. I hurt almost constantly. I'm getting queazy from the pain. I went for my annual on Mon. and told the dr.(not the same one that did the surgery but an ob/gyn just the same) what's been going on. She ordered an ultrasound (came back negative). Today, I went for a surgical consult to see if removing the ovaries was an option. Dr. said he wanted to do more bloodwork (I was diagnosed with PCOS 11 years ago) to see if hormone levels have stayed the same, get my records from ob/gyn that did the surgery, and he wants me to see GP to rule out something intestinal. My husband wants me to go see the surgeon that did the surgery. I don't know what to do or who to see. I'm just so sick of hurting! Maybe one of you has some words of wisdom. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2004, 08:23 PM
Having a problem

Oh ((((Nicole))))) I'm so sorry you've been having such a hard time since your surgery Sounds like you've been through a lot... and it's not over

I'm happy that your new doctor is covering all basis and having you investigate the possibility that your problems might be gastro intestinal in nature: in these things, it's best to leave no stone unturned.

I am sending lots of s your way and I'm hoping that your doctor has answers for you in no time at all. Please be sure to keep us posted.
Unread 08-12-2004, 08:33 PM
Having a problem

Dany is right don't leave any stone unturned also ask about the bladder and see if that could have anything to do with the pain. It is always good to check out everything.

I sure do hope you get to feeling better.

s

Shelly

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register