12 Weeks Was Doing Good BUT.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

12 Weeks Was Doing Good BUT.... 12 Weeks Was Doing Good BUT....

Unread 08-13-2004, 08:24 AM
12 Weeks Was Doing Good BUT....

Hi,

I had a TAH ( cervix taken and ovaries kept) on May 13th, I was doing great up until about two weeks ago, I don't think it has to do with my cycle either. I have an area below my belly button that is still so sore and tugging, even when I lean into a counter it causes me to jump back. I am also very tired and get dizzy. I am waking up sore again...I have tried to not to do so much but I was feeling so good there from 8-10 weeks. I also have pain I think around my bowel and my bladder which never was a problem seems to be overactive.....sorry to complain but is anyone else going through this 12 weeks after???? Everyone tells me that I am looking so much better but this last two weeks have been weird. Another thing I will mention as embarassing as it is....I feel like air is coming out of me but not from the "backside" more so the front....sorry but it is the weirdest thing....I had my 6 week post op and dr said I was coming along-he was honest too as he mentioned that it would take a good 6 months to be "right" and feel the benefits...but I am to go back to work in a few weeks and want to be feeling good.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2004, 08:35 AM

I am now at 15 weeks. At 14 weeks I started feeling twinges and zingers. I'm slightly sore to the touch, but not much. I'm disappointed because I was doing so well. I even lost my swelly belly for several weeks. It's back in the afternoons again.

I'm hoping that this is all part of the healing process.
Unread 08-13-2004, 08:45 AM

Hi. I am 3 1/2 months post-op. Haven't had the troubles you are going through but my heart certainly goes out to you. The pain you describe sounds like something I'd call the doctor about and try to get in to see him to discuss. If nothing else this might help ease your mind about things.

Best of health and healing to you. Don't worry, this IS an up and down recovery...no straight lines here!

Smiles,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2004, 08:46 AM

I am just a few days past 9 weeks and feel sore...(rating scale of 1-10) I would give it a 4. It is certainly tolerable but frustrating because I thought I would be doing better. I am still sore in the entire abdomen area......still pee a lot more than usual but I chalk it up to the healing process. I have an appt. for this Monday and will ask if this is normal.
I wish you well.
Cathy
Unread 08-13-2004, 08:48 AM

I am glad that you posted this, because I was beginning to wonder... I had my hysterectomy May 10th, kept cervix and ovaries. I too started having pain around my bowels and bladder within the past week. Also getting zingy pains... I guess the nerves are coming alive. I kind of feel like one step forward and two steps back. I was feeling so much better at the 6-8 week mark and was anxious to get back to work. Now I am soooo exhausted and definitely get the swelly monster creeping in during the afternoon... I guess it's all par for the course. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one feeling this way. I was beginning to wonder. I guess they're not kidding when they say it can take 6 months to a year to fully recover. At least it's the week-end tomorrow so I can relax and put my feet up a little. Hope you can do the same....
Unread 08-13-2004, 02:17 PM

Thanks for all your help. I am going to book an appointment to see my dr on monday....this website is so great it really is!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register