Anyone with Fybromyalgia? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone with Fybromyalgia? Anyone with Fybromyalgia?

Unread 09-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Anyone with Fybromyalgia?

((((Chris)))) I'm so sorry you're having another flare I could very well be that the stress of your DH's accident was the trigger: I find that stress is one of my major triggers, for most of the issues I'm dealing with

Sweetie, since your dad was the one to point out the FMS support group, would he be likely to accompany you? Might be worth asking: he can only decline If you don't ask, you'll never know what his answer might be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2004, 04:03 AM
Anyone with Fybromyalgia?

My dad was being a bit condescending when he told me about the support group. He was also the same one who informed me that the pain was all in my head, which was very demoralizing to me. I am not a hypocondriac and I have a very high pain threshold. FMS is invisible. No one knows you have it because there are virtually no visible signs. It seems as though people need something visible or tangible before they believe you are sick or in pain. As a result, I have become more compassionate toward people who say they are hurting or sick, when others do not believe them. No one has offered to go with me and I would never ask. I have decided to deal with this on my own and not say anything more about it to my family. It's not that they don't care, they just don't understand and I hurt too much to try to bother to make them understand. It's just not worth the frustration.

DH says he misses the woman I used to be. Like I don't??????? I know he is grieving as I am for the person I used to be. I was active in my community, loved to go out, garden, ect. At times I can still do these things but now I have been trying to make my home more FMS friendly. Scaling back on maintainence in the garden, trying not to bite off more than I can chew in other areas. DH likes landscaping, ect. but I am the one who pulls weeds and has to keep things up. He gets frustrated when I tell him I don't want to do certain things like go out shopping. I go in, get what I need and go home. He wants to move our bedroom back upstairs. I have trouble climbing stairs so this doesn't work for me. He also wants to adopt a baby but I cannot see myself trying to raise a child at this point. I am scared he will leave me some day for someone who can give him a child. I try to focus on the things I can do and even though they may not be good enough for anyone else, it is good enough for me.

Having a rough night/morning. Haven't had a full night's sleep in a few days and I am afraid it is beginning to wear on me. I am sooooooo looking forword to my support group this week. Aside from this forum, that will be my only other means of support.

Gentle Hugs,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register