It's getting closer | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It's getting closer It's getting closer

Unread 08-15-2004, 05:41 AM
It's getting closer

Hi again
Since I have set a date for surgery the days seem to have went from 24 hours to 48 hours to make one day. I thought it will never get here. I am 2 days away and am starting to feel a little at peace, but part of me is scared. I am glad I have support. My DH though is haveing a fit because his sis. and my sis. are coming. My parents will be there and I have tried to tell them this is something they do everyday. This is what is stressing me out. My sis. and DH do not get along well. He is dreading it and is making remarks how can I get him to understand it's just one of those things.
My bags are packed regardless and I am trying to get the house pepared for me to be gone 3-4 days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2004, 06:37 AM
It's getting closer

Hi --

sorry you have the added stress of family that doesn't get along so well to deal with along with being nervous about having surgery!!

If your parents are like my mom, it doesn't matter that this surgery is something that is done every day ~~ it doesn't happen to YOU every day and that is what they care about. More than likely they just want to be there for you and that is their way of showing their support, and the same for your sis. (When I had my surgery, my mom and dh were there, as well as an aunt & uncle that I tried to convince it wasn't necessary that they be there, but I think they wanted to be there just to keep my mom company........as soon as they heard I was out of surgery and all was well, aunt & uncle left......I never saw them, but it was kinda nice to know they cared enough to be there).

I'm sorry your dh is dreading it because you sis is going to be there. I wish he could realize that you're probably not exactly looking forward to it either and that he's not making it any easier for you. How long will he and your sis be together? Are you parents and your sis staying around to help you thru your recovery or is it just going to be you and your dh?

Wishing you the best of luck ==

's

Ann
TAH/BSO 1/5/01
Unread 08-15-2004, 06:38 AM
It's getting closer

I hear ya

My mother will be coming to help out with me and my DH is dreading it. He's already telling me things HE doesn't want to contend with... As she is as well... Both I told them this is all about me this time, please can't u both just let it aside just for about a week and maybe I'll be able to take care of my self. I also have a 3 yr old daughter I know I will need plenty of help with her. I also to my DH that I'm my mothers baby also , and he will have to understand the needs she has of taking care of me. I'm scheduled the 23rd and go for pre-op tomar.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register