Lower back discomfort | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lower back discomfort Lower back discomfort

Unread 08-16-2004, 06:30 PM
Lower back discomfort

Had my TAH/BSO on 8/11. Everything seemed to go rather well. I was discharged by noon on 8/13 and went home to lots of pampering.

I spent the first two nights on the couch. It was quite comfortable with the exception of the frequent bathroom visits. Last night I tried sleeping on our waterbed. My husband said he'd be there to help should I have difficulty getting in/out etc. Needless to say the evening wasn't too bad but my lower back is extremely sore today. Don't know if I overdid it yesterday, if it was sleeping in the waterbed or what. Just know that I've tried heat, cold, and pain pills. Nothing seems to touch it today.

Any suggestions?

Heidi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2004, 07:18 PM
Lower back discomfort

I have lower back pain most nights and I end up sleeping on the couch- so DH can get some rest. Mine seems to be tied to my nightly Swelly Belly. If I stay bloated the next day, my back stays sore. Kind of reminds me of those preperiod backaches. Heat and muscles relaxers (Tylenol) seems to work best.
Unread 08-16-2004, 07:24 PM
Lower back discomfort

I used a menthol backrub after a hot shower, then I put more on before going to bed :nose: its a bit smelly! I also took ibuprofen.

I sleep in a waterbed too but I haven't had back pain every day, I think mine was from overdoing it, everything hurt, not just my back.

I'm being good now, the most active I get is going for my walk each day.

Hope you feel better soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2004, 01:12 AM
Lower back discomfort

Hey hon, I am coming up on 4 weeks post, and I couldn't sleep well in the morning (because of really annoying and painfull low back pain) for a good 2&1/2 weeks. That sort of got better, untill I stayed up untill 4:30 in the morning mucking out my oldest sons bedroom after he went back to college. I woke up a few hours later with a low back that was less than happy with me. It was of course caused by doing WAY to much, but take heart in the fact that this too shall pass!!! Rest, and take care of the most important person to everyone who loves you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register