i need help!! i have a bacterial vaginosis that will not go away! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

i need help!! i have a bacterial vaginosis that will not go away! i need help!! i have a bacterial vaginosis that will not go away!

Unread 08-17-2004, 11:13 AM
i need help!! i have a bacterial vaginosis that will not go away!

hi ya girls.. i have a vbacterial vaginosis that wont go away. i have tried 5 different meds so far plus metro gel vaginally and nothing has kicked it. it has turned into a bladder problem as well. the dr said it is not yeast however i do have a strong urine scent dwon below..it smells like an infection. i tried, urised to stop bladder spasms, cipiro, flagyl. metrogel,and macrobid..plus i tried on my own tea tree and lavenderoil mixed with plian yougurt. i put that in a vaginal applicator i used from the metro gel and still nothing. i am starting to panic a little. i have never had this in my life. i hate to call my uro,gyno and regular dr back for this never ending problem....meds just dont seem to help this problem for they get fed from hearing me..i think my ic(interstitial cystitis may have come back as well).. but other than that i am doing great.. i need some help here girls. i read some of the bacterial vaginosis posts and i can see other have suffered with this as well.......any input would be much appreciated..... always....chris.....thank youuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2004, 05:55 PM

Oh ((((Chris)))) I'm so sorry you've been dealing with all of this

I had vaginosis at one point and, in my case, it was successfully treated with a round of Flagyl. One thing to note, though, was that my DH also had to be treated with it: while vaginosis is not an STD, it is not uncommon for partners to pass it back and forth, thus re-infecting each other This may be a possibility to investigate as why you're having this persistant problem.

I did a search on the subject and found this link to Viginosis information: http://familydoctor.org/234.xml (please note that the link has been submitted to the Resources Database: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/link.php?s=)

Please, do book an appointment with your doctor ASAP: where these types of infections are concerned, self-medicating could be doing more damage than good. Furthermore, it is always a possibility that you are dealing something else than vaginosis or a yeast infection

Sending lots of s your way. Please, do keep us posted.
Unread 08-30-2004, 04:31 AM

Sorry - I'd forget trying to fix it yourself.

I had bacterial vaginosis before the hyst. I believe it was definitely a 'starter' for all the probs that caused me to have the hyst. I got it from douching! Darn, never ever douche.

Thankfull the infection cleared with 2 lots of anti bis but then I had lots of other probs.

Do u eat yoghurt daily? It's very good for our vaginas. Do u smoke? If yes, stop (sorry). Do u drink cranberry juice? The clear cranberry juice is less bitter than the red one. Great for UTIs.

How's your stress levels and eating habits? Sorry can't help with the stress (I'm stressed to the max) but if u eat really really healthy and take Vitamin C it will build up your immune system. Plus rest. Betacarotene vitamin with B6 and Zinc is also great for the immune system.

How's your water intake? Drink lots of water.

Make sure u have a shower after sex and your dear partner is nice and clean not sweaty before sex - does he wear boxers or jocks? Boxers will let his 'family jewels' breathe better and will cut back any little bugs. Do u wear slacks or shorts? If they're tight and u get heated don't wear them. Try to wear no undies around your home or under slacks or shorts if u have to wear them. No panty hose pls either. Alot of my g'friends never wear undies under shorts or slacks (me too) plus no undies at home, cept if u have visitors : )

You just need to get your vagina 'balanced' again. The antibis can help + hinder our vaginas. Have u tried estrogen cream inserted vaginally? That helps my vag balance (twice a week). It's supposed to strengthen the vag walls and help with healing too.

I read alot about vag bact when I had it, I thought it wasn't carried on the male or if it was, it didn't live long. Our vags r where the bugs loves.

I pray u beat this darn bug ASAP. Blessings and happy balancing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2004, 11:41 PM
I had VB

I tried many treatments, took uncounted courses of Flagyl. I t doesn't work for me. Last time the doctor gave me a differnt antibotic. I battle VB for three years while I had an IUD. Went to several doctors, but just gave me Flagyl. Asked if IUD had anything to do with it, finally last doctor listen and said it may be possible. Took out the IUD and it cleared up on its own. VB is an overgrowth of bacteria that is naturally found in the vagina. However for some reason it has gone wild!. The PH level of the vagina can cause bacteria (or yeast) to start growing fast. Also perfumes, such as bubble baths, deorderant pads can affect the PH levels of the vagina. Also wearing synthetic fibres such as nylon next to your skin can also make the environment good for growing. I had to change the lype of underwear, no longer take bubble baths and only buy unscented products. Good luck

Levanah
Unread 03-16-2005, 10:14 AM

I am haveing the same problem
Unread 03-16-2005, 10:37 AM

Hello:

God I know how you are feeling and what you are going through. I've been fighting some infection for 3 weeks. Been in the hospital for 4 days on Flagel, Doxycline, and now on Triple Zpak, nothing has helped. I go from Flush feeing, to hot, to cold, have lost 11 pounds, feel like the flu from the moment I wake up.

I go back today to see the doctor as she is ordering more test plus an altrasound and blood work.

I wish you much luck.

Julie
Unread 05-07-2005, 06:30 PM
same boat

I'm having the EXACT same problem. I've had bv for a while now, I was given metronidazle, doxycycline *which was for white blood cells in my results*, and ciprofloxacin *which I just took three days ago*. Nothing seems to help. I don't have any std's either. I made sure the gyno tested me for it. Metronidazole worked for about a week, maybe a stronger/longer dose of that would help? But anyways I'm at wits end. If you've gotten rid of it, or can name a medicine that did help you, please share, anyone. I'm desperate. Oh, and it true that some women can't get thier vaginal ph back down, so they're basically stuck with it?
Unread 05-07-2005, 07:29 PM

HI:

Boy I wish I could help, I'm still fighting this...Its been since Feb. I'm back on Flagel and I hate the stuff...I took Zitromax for 36 days 250mg once a day, worked for awhile then stopped. I'm sure by now I have no LIVER left that is my concern...Still have the cramps, flush feeling (no fever anymore)...My doctor has no idea what to do anymore....She then told me this is in my HEAD, ya right, its NOT... Your white count can't be up and in your head...

Thank god my GI doctor is so understanding and getting really honkerblonked off at my HMO doctor...He just did a Colonscopy and did Bipsys to see if he can pin point this...I"m sick of being sick and want my life back....

If and when I find the answer I will sure let you know. Feel free to email me anytime just ask for my email address....

I will include you in my prayers we sure need them....

Keep the faith this has to pass for us both...

Many, Many Hugs
Julie
Unread 05-08-2005, 06:57 PM
I feel for you

I'm so embarassed that my bf and I don't even have sex. Well now anyways. We had a pretty active sex life before. And I think that stresses him out as well.

Yes, prayers are in order. And no way is your white count up because of an over active imagination. I'm not sure if my count went back down from the doxycycline. I'm so tired of the pap smears. I bled a little last time from the cotton swab and I freaked out. Anything that has to do with my body like that, will litterally make me pass out.

When I first went to see what I had, they told me cervicitis. When I walked out of the exam room, I was so terrified it could be an STD, I passed right out and hit a door. Some girls had to pick me up. Ugh I hate that. Last time though, I started to feel light headed. But I had to calm myself down and reassure myself I was ok. It's horrible lol.

Now they say it wasn't cervicitis and it was BV all along -_-" wish they'd get it right. The doxycycline they gave me back then didn't do anything, so I now know it wasn't cervicitis. Do you know if there are any serious healths risks associated with bv?
Unread 05-09-2005, 03:48 AM

Hi:

I really don't know about the risks go to msn.com and do a search maybe that can answer the question.

I'm still the the flagel and I hate the way it makes me feel, I really hate the stuff...

I might not take anymore pills, they don't help me any....And going back to the doctor, well she just looks at me and has no idea what to do next....

Oh I know about the sex, Jim and I have had none in months because of the cramps and pain...

Yesterday was a bad day, was sweating all day and had that flu like feeling....

If and when I find out something I will sure let you know...It ***** for us both....DO you feel flush all the time??

Try and have a good week if you can.

Prayers and hugs
Julie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register