cosmetic concerns/TAH concerns | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cosmetic concerns/TAH concerns cosmetic concerns/TAH concerns

Unread 08-17-2004, 08:19 PM
cosmetic concerns/TAH concerns

Hello! I am new and this is my first post. I will be having a TAH, and most likely removing both ovaries. One is fine, the other has a cyst. My Mother has passed and there in nobody in my family to tell me why she had her TAH in her early 30's. Her mother who had breast cancer and just cancer all over, plus all 5 of my grandmother's sisters died with cancer, nobody left to tell me what from, though I can just imagine... I have fibroids on my uterus which has now become quite enlarged (he didn't give me a verbal description) just showed me. He also said it couldn't be a bikini because of the location. I have had 2 c-secs., one bikini and the other vertical (sp) I hurt TERRIBLY with the vertical and it was also an exploritory, emergency surgery. I am so afraid of being in that much pain ever again! I will see the doctor in the a.m. and discuss my "trip to the castle".

I am embarressed to say I have concerns about my lower abdomen and what sort of shape it will become. I am 125 lbs. 5'3". 5 yrs. ago I had a bit of lypo in my lower abdominal area from my past two c-secs...15 yrs. ago and 21 yrs. ago...What will happen to the skin? When can I look normal? Is now, the time to consider another procedure for THAT? I know this sounds vain, and I hate that, but I truly need to know what to expect or where I can turn. Any help at all will be deeply appreciated~

Thanks,
malteseworld
(YES, I am owned by 3 Maltese) glad they don't weigh more than 6 pounds or I wouldn't be able to pick them up!!!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2004, 09:41 PM
cosmetic concerns/TAH concerns

When I went in for my hyst consult, I had a list of questions to ask. One was "can I have a tummy tuck at the same time?" and to my astonishment, my doctor said "Yes, we do them all the time." She gave me a referral to a plastic surgeon, and I then went to his office for that consult. The two offices worked together beautifully in scheduling them together, and my insurance has even committed to covering part of the tummy tuck. I weigh about 180, and am five foot two. I thought they would laugh me out of the office because I am fat. No one was rude in the least, they said larger women have these alot.

My gynecologist also told me it is smart to have them done together. I think because there is only one recovery.

Interestingly, the plastic surgeon's pre-op packet has a huge list of drugs not to take 3 weeks before surgery. The gynecologist did not have a list, but instructions on aspirin and ibuprofen products and bleeding.

It never hurts to ask!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register