Carcinoma in Site Question???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Carcinoma in Site Question???? Carcinoma in Site Question????

Unread 12-10-2000, 09:45 PM
Carcinoma in Site Question????

Hi I am new to this board, my name is Angela. I was diagnosised with Carcinoma in Site (Endo-Cervix), I am scheduled for a TVH on December 19th. Reading all of your post has definetly answered most of my questions but I am still very nervous. I was originally diagnoised with Severe Dysplagia and after my LEEP they changed it to CIS. I have this terrible fear that I will go under and come out with less than expected. If my doctor is doing a TVH how can he tell if it has spread? Also, will the pathology test tell if there is more that maybe they didn't get. He said that he does not think it is invasive but won't know until he get's my uterus out. I have just become a bundle of nerves and have been on the most intense emotional rollercoaster ever in the last 2 months. I just want this whole thing to be over. Oh and one more thing, any tips on the vaginal hysterectomy? Is there anything I can compare it to? One lady wrote it felt like she just had a baby. Should I expect more? Forgive me for rambling but I have a ball of nerves. I am also afraid of the anestetic. I DON'T WANT TO GO UNDER!!!! But my doctor said he won't do an Epidural. I have (4)small children at home and I want to be around to raise them. I know other people have gone through this and to be honest it just makes me feel better to here that ya'll are still alive. (Isn't that a terrible attitude). Well, any words of encouragement would help me at a time like this. Thanks.

Angela
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2000, 06:36 AM

Wow, you sound like my story! I am a yr post as of October and doing great! I too was afraid of surgery, and being put under. I asked the anesthesiologist for something to keep me from getting sick from the meds, and he inserted it in my iv...I was fine and never felt sick to my stomach when I woke up!! As for the pain...it was the worse for the first few hours, but you are drugged and are constantly in and out of sleep, so that is okay. I had a lot of pressure deep down. The only other time I was in the hospital was to give birth to my two kids, so I can't really compare it to anything but that. I guess it was similar, but you have such a different attitude towards childbirth that things don't seem as painful then.
After surgery, you will get your pathology results in about a week. That will tell you how far the cancer was, or if it was caught in the early stages. When the doc operates on you he will be looking around and checking you thoroughly. Try to relax. I hope that this has helped you, if even a little!
Unread 12-12-2000, 08:20 AM

Hello Angela,

Our stories are somewhat similar I too am a mother of 4 children and am diagnosed with CIN 3/Carcinoma in Situ of the cervix. I understand your fears and concerns regarding surgery because I have those same fears. I recently underwent a TVH on 12/7 (general anethesia). Prior to my TVH I also had a leep and a conization of the cervix performed (also under general anesthesia). The conization is a procedure in which they take a larger portion of the cervix in hopes of removing the cancerous cells without having to have a hyster. In my case my margins were positive so I had to have a hysterectomy. Believe me when I say that the waiting is the worst part. To get through my hyster and over my fears of the anesthesia I remembered a a true story that I found on the internet while researching about hysterectomies, in which one of the first women to undergo a hyster had done so with no pain relieve or anesthesia. Boy if she could do that and survive, then we too should be okay. Yes, the pain is similar to giving birth and I am positive that you will come through this okay. Email me if you have further questions or if you would just like to talk my email address is: [email protected]

My prayers are with you.

Shelia
TVH 12/7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2000, 08:11 PM
Thank you:)

Thank you so much for responding. Believe me every little word is encouraging. My surgery is Tues. the 19th and believe me I'm sweating it. I do feel better though. Just to know that other people survive. Don't ask me why I'm so hung up on this death thing. I tend to be a nervous person. Thanks again.

Angela
Unread 12-17-2000, 09:06 PM

I had similar fears. Mine turned out not to be cancerous, but I was more afraid of the anesthesia than anything else.
I shared those fears with the anesthesiologist and he was very reassuring. The pain is not that bad, at first they keep you on painkillers so you don't feel it, then as it eases you get off the medication and don't need more than Motrin once in a while. My biggest suprise was how I really
did need the 6 weeks off-you'll be tired and limited, unable to do much during that time, so stock up on books and movies.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register