Opps I think I drank too much apple and cranberry juice! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Opps I think I drank too much apple and cranberry juice! Opps I think I drank too much apple and cranberry juice!

Unread 08-20-2004, 02:21 AM
Opps I think I drank too much apple and cranberry juice!

Hi all
I feel like a beach ball ready to pop. I drank a bunch of apple/cranberry juice and I'm all bloated up. It would help if I could have a BM but ohhh no, not in the cards yet. I'm very uncomfortable right now. I can't even sleep. It's very hot at my house, got up to 100 degrees today and no air conditioning. Wah Wah Wah Anyhow, just venting, thanx for reading
Love
Sue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2004, 07:54 AM

Sue,

home! I took Metamucil fiber capsules when I first got home from the castle and that helped me with my first few post-op BM's. Things have been back to normal since about one week after my surgery.

Good luck in your recovery. Remember that you are now a

so rest and pampering is in order!
Unread 08-20-2004, 08:15 AM

Sue:

Walk, walk, walk!

Before my surgery (TAH/RSO) I didn't understand why everyone kept talking about walking & water. I understand very well now!

The walking, even at a slow pace, helped to work off the gas. I felt pretty pathetic to find myself praying to pass a little gas and ever so thankful when I did.

If the gas & pain doesn't go away soon, you probably also should give your MD's office a quick call just to be sure.

Just as an aside, cranberry juice saved my life the other day. I had a serious craving for cheese and overdid it a bit. Cheese tends to slow down the works for me and I absolutely did not want to consider constipation right now (ouch!!). A nice glass of cranberry juice kept things right with the world.

Hang in there, it gets a little better each day. SuzP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2004, 08:21 AM

Words of Wisdom!...........

Don't overeat, Don't get too full, solids or liquids, it doesn't matter. Eat in small quantities. Its pain and misery if you don't.

Unread 08-20-2004, 01:44 PM

Words of Wisdom....how true!!!
Unread 08-21-2004, 07:14 AM

It's finally cooling down and I'm back to drinking lots of juice and water and I FINALLY DID THE BIG ONE! It actually wasn't that bad. I'm walking a lot too, always did, and infact over did it my first day home. It's hard to know what is too much to do. Thanx for listening to my whining. I'm a former nurse's aide, and we make the worst patients I swear!
sue
Unread 08-21-2004, 04:14 PM

9 days post-op and pooping rocks! I had to stay in the hospital an extra day and experience my first supository AND enema! They only helped me pass a hurricane - the true meaning of breaking wind! Im not the shy type, but that was really embarrasing. The gas and constipation has been the worst part of my TAH (kept ovaries). I didn't read enough po-op posts before my surgery to prepare me for this - and I was worried about dying. To top it off, my church has been supplying wonderful casserols FULL OF CHEESE! I did do a supository today and I've gone 3 times Good luck to everyone!
Amy Sue

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register