Tomorrow morning (YIKES)! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tomorrow morning (YIKES)! Tomorrow morning (YIKES)!

Unread 08-23-2004, 09:15 AM
Tomorrow morning (YIKES)!

Ok sisters I know this is repetitious but dang I woke up this morning with an earthquake going on in my stomach. My nerves are so bad and I went to bed really calm. It is one more night and have to be at the Castle at 5:30 surgery at 7:30, yay I got to be the first one and I am scared out of my wits right now. I thnk it is because I want to talk to my DD so bad and have been unable to all weekend, we keep missing each other. She lives so far away from me and we talk to each other quite often and have not this last week with the kids being back in school and her getting ready to go back for her classes. I took vacation day from work today just so I could get last minute things done, am so glad I did I would have been worthless at work. How many of you did the power of attorney stuff and a will before? Please tell me these are not crazy thoughts, all I feel like doing right now is crying. You ladies have all been a great comfort and help to me getting through this last month and a half with the waiting and I can't tell you how much I have appreciated it. I do have some things to do still so it will keep me busy but it won't keep my mind off it they all have to do with the trip to or home from the castle. I think just writing this is helping a little and maybe I need to get up from my puter go for a nice walk before it gets too hot to do so, clean up the yard some, how many of you get to rake rocks (desert landscape) it can be quite mind numbing I suppose. Thanks again ladies for just letting me get this out. I know in my heart I will be ok but my mind wants to screw with me right now.

s

Riana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2004, 05:22 PM

Hi, I hope that your walk helped you It does seem to be pretty normal to stress at times when waiting for this surgery.

I also had my power of attorney and will in order - I try to keep it all current.

Take a deep breath and try to stay calm. Do something nice for yourself tonight. A warm bath , soothing music - something to relax you a bit.

You'll be in my prayers for an easy surgery and smooth recovery. Please let us know how you're doing when you feel up to it.

s
Unread 08-23-2004, 05:47 PM

Riana,

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I wish you the best of luck tomorrow. I still have a three week wait and I'm already very nervous. I was so stressed out today that I had to come home from work. I just had an overwhelming feeling of sadness and like I am not going to do all the stuff I need to do before that day comes. And I'm fretting over how I'm going to feel when I wake up and how long I'll have to stay in the hospital. I'm also fretting about the fact that I work in the same hospital where I'm having the surgery and I hope my co-workers have the decency to respect my privacy. So the fact that you are going tomorrow, I think it's perfectly normal to be nervous.

Hang in there and like I said, my thoughts and prayers will be with you. I look forward to your return and your post op story.

Lots of HUGS to you!!!!

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2004, 06:07 PM

Hi Riana,

I will be thinking of you tomorrow and sending hugs & prayers .

Soon you will be an ugly haired, stubbly legged Princess (LOL).

Hang in there and try not to get too stressed.

Love & Hugs,
Michelle
Unread 08-23-2004, 06:31 PM

I am having a TAH September 29th. I am scared as well, fear beyond fear I tell ya. I have never been put to sleep and I am frightened.

I pray for all who are waiting for surgery. My thoughts, prayers and hugs are with all of you.

Diane
Unread 08-23-2004, 06:45 PM

Thanks ladies, got to talk to my DD, finally went for a walk barely made it back was having such sharp pains, took a whirlpool bath went and picked up some last minute things then went to sleep. I feel better now and thanks again for all the support and encouragement. I will definitely see you all as soon as I feel up to it to let you know how it went.

And Michelle thanks I wish there were avatars that remotely resembled that image. We would all run for the hills if we thought we were going to look like that. Smiles and hugs for you.

s

Riana
Unread 08-23-2004, 07:03 PM

Karen and Diane my thoughts and prayers will be with you as well. Hang in there, I am a little nervous now but that may be the sugar from the cheesecake I ate. I have been put under before and that is not my fear, it wasn't that bad for me. I have no idea what my nerves were about today it is not my first surgery it is my 4th. I remember not being as scared at the others except the first it was emergency a ruptured appendix the others were relatively quick so I did not have over a month to wait like this one. I think the waiting has been my downfall, too much time to think about it. We will all be fine ladies and we will be back here to tell other ladies our experiences.

s

Riana
Unread 08-23-2004, 08:46 PM

Riana,

Best of luck tomorrow! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! I hope your castle visit is uneventful and you have a smooth and pampered recovery! Sending you a BIG !!!

Deb
Unread 08-23-2004, 09:02 PM

Riana,

I wish you all the best for your Castle visit, soon you will be a

Take care and

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register