Got insurance approval! Yaaayy! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Got insurance approval!  Yaaayy! Got insurance approval! Yaaayy!

Unread 12-11-2000, 04:25 PM
Got insurance approval! Yaaayy!

Just got the call that my insurance came through, no problem. What a relief! Pre-op work is set for the 14th, surgery is still on the 19th. Finally I can relax and believe that this is actually going to happen.

I'm actually making progress on that to-do list I posted a while back. Got my hair cut. Got my coloring books, knot-practicing rope, pillows, Yahtzee game (thanks for the recommendation nocluegirl!), Hyster Sisters cover up and note cards, chocolates for nurses... Got all my Christmas shopping done, house is decorated, "Christmas" is tomorrow here, going shopping for Christmas dinner in a few minutes. Horses got wormed today. All 3 cats to the vet tomorrow morning for shots. End of year financial meeting on Wed, followed by septic tank pumping (I'm digging down to it bit by bit). Riding with a friend on Thursday, followed by pre-op check w/Dr., then the hospital. BIL's surgery on Friday, and hiking & lunch with a friend. Dad's shoulder surgery on Saturday, and DH & I are going riding with another couple, then dinner with friends. Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday morning are open for grocery shopping, packing, last minute yard/horsepen work, nest setting-up, house cleaning, laundry, and kicking back. Better arrange a feed delivery for the 18th, so I'll have enought to get through 2 months. Lots to do, but totally manageable.

I may be kinda scarce around here for a while... I'll be sure to check in from time to time.

Wow. It's really going to happen for sure.

Thanks to everyone for all the support. It's great to have so many wonderful sisters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2000, 05:16 PM

Linda

Congratulations on getting insuranc approval!!!

I found out today that the biopsy (I thought he wanted another pap smear ) is an endometrial biopsy.

And that the surgery dates are booked until next month.

But on the upside. Remember when I said that my ob/gyn wanted me to change medical group but not change my PCP??

Well I called the one he suggested, but guess what my PCP is only on ONE MEDICAL GROUP!! But I can have my ob/gyn as my primary physician! He is certified as a PCP also!!!

So I called my health plan and as of January 1, I will only have to go to one doctor!!! That is if the present medical group doesn't approve the hysterectomy.

The lady at the health plan office said that if I were having the hysterectomy for sterilization reasons, it would not be approved, but since this is a medically necessary surgery, there is no reason for them to deny the request.

So if they do not approve my doctor's request, I will be have my ob/gyn as my primary physican as of January 1 and then the surgery can be done sometime next month!!!

So now I am in the waiting game.

Unread 12-11-2000, 05:21 PM
Congrats!!!

Linda,

Isn't it a relief when insurance comes through for you. I am also scheduled for pre-op on the 14th. I am also glad to finally meet a sister. I believe that we will be a hour apart. My surgery is at 1pm. I also like your idea about having Christmas early, unfortunately nobody in my husband's family agrees. Thats in-laws for ya.
(at least mine)

Happy Holidays & Best Wishes!!!

We will soon be
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2000, 06:53 PM

I just got my approval in the mail last Friday. I don't go til Jan 9th though. I felt such a rush of relief when I read it. I always fear the worst.
This site has been great for helping me think of things to take with me. Thanks all!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register