What is wrong with me??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What is wrong with me??? What is wrong with me???

Unread 08-25-2004, 10:33 PM
What is wrong with me???

I am so sick and I don't know what to do. My body just feels like it wants to collapse. I'm having stabbing pains in my right side, shooting pains up me, and my back HURTS!!! I have talked to my doctors office every day for the past week, and they keep saying if you get worse come in. I finished the antibiotics two days ago, and they know I still have an infection. So I go into the office today and they do nothing. My whole body just feels so bad. I just got of the phone with my mom, and we're both crying. She lives 90 miles away and we're having bad storms. I am trying to see if my friend Misty can bring me to the hospital...But I keep thinking what are they gonna do anyway??? NOBODY will help me. I just keep feeling like this just keeps getting worse, and nobody is doing anything. I'm scared to go to the Er after what happened the last couple times I was there. My GYNs office called me back and gave me a appt with my general doc at the end of September, BUT if I have anymore bleeding with bms I should call there to see if I can get in sooner, but he's going on vacation for two weeks. I think I could have called and got an appt faster then they did. So in other words my GYN really doesn't really care whats going on with me. He meets with me for three minutes then runs out, and leaves me calling there everyday begging for them to help me, and now tries to send me to another doctor.

I have been feeling worse day by day for the last ten weeks. Aren't ya supposed to feel better after surgery?? I talked to our Director of Nursing when I went in today, and she said this same thing happened to her daughter. She only had an ovary removed though, not a hyst. She said the insicion opened up and she kept going in to her doc and the er and they told her there was nothing wrong she just wanted pain medicine. After 6 weeks they finally found an abscess and it was so bad they had to fly her to University of Minnesota hospital in the Twin Cities...which is over three hours from here and had surgery, but by then the infection had spread everywhere.
So that story didn't make me feel better at all!!

I just don't know what to do!! I feel like nobody listens to me, and nobody really cares. UGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I hope ya'll are having a better night than me!
Thanks for listening!!

Love and Huggs,
Jodee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2004, 10:52 PM
What is wrong with me???

Hi, Jodee...

So sorry you are having such a rough time. I hope you can find someone to take you to the ER, and that the doctor there will actually take time to listen and figure out what is wrong with you. I don't have any answers for your pain, but just wanted you to know I was thinking of you.

I hope you find answers ... and pain relief ... soon!

Dee
Unread 08-25-2004, 10:58 PM
What is wrong with me???

jodee,

Hi hon, I am here and will listen and do care as do many of our other sisters. I had the cramping all the time and finally on Friday went in for a cat scan, I am three weeks post op, they found an abcess or blood clot and also a cyst on my right ovary. Friday, my doctor sent me straight to the castle and I just got home tonight. I had surgery on Monday, they reopened everything, drained it all, and stitched it back up. I am still in so much pain it is insane. It was alot worse than the surgery for the hyst. was. Remember, I am not a doctor, but I will tell you, follow your instincts, they will not fail you. I will say an extra prayer for you, I hope it works out. You can email me if you just want to talk. I have gone through the ringer this last few weeks and would be happy to chat with you. Again, I am sorry you are going through this. It will get better. Don't let anyone tell you your wrong, call until they see you, or try a different er. You really need to get help.
Hugs,
Bobbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2004, 11:28 PM
Everything Will Be OK

Dear Sis,
I am so very sorry to hear of all you are going through. This is my first post besides journaling. I am almost 4 weeks post op. Your post got my attention and I felt to encourge you if I can.

I have felt real good for the past 2 days, that actually it scares me! I have had a hard time with this. I had a abdomial hysto, kept everything but the uto...I never thought this would knock the wind out of me the way it did. On top of your recovery, you have a gyn that seems to be out to lunch, I can't understand it!!! Please try to get help. This is not right. Your doctor should be there for you and if you have to bang the doors down to get his attention, do that. If that does not work, report him. You do not need this, you need your doctor to help you.

Please feel free to e-mail me if you would like a shoulder to lean on. I will say a prayer for you tonight. Everything will be alright, you just need to be more aggresive with this doctor. We all here don't want to see anything worse happen to you because of his negligence. Please, keep me posted, and I will try to respond. I can now check my mail once a day, which is a huge improvement.

With 's,
Eileen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register