scard to death-tah sched. 8/31/04- help please!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

scard to death-tah sched. 8/31/04- help please!!!!! scard to death-tah sched. 8/31/04- help please!!!!!

Unread 08-28-2004, 07:12 AM
scard to death-tah sched. 8/31/04- help please!!!!!

Hi all, I know you must have heard this a million times but I am literally crawling out of my skin in fear and I just wish I had someone to chat with or chat to me. I am having a tah with ovaries, it was either that or conescopy which my doc said in my case he wouldt do because i am in my late 40s, he said, so get rid of it all . it all came with a bad pap test, then biopsy then one of the spots said *features suggestive of adenocarcinoma- stage 0 , my doc said but he told me i dont want it to go up. I am so scared and the nurse told me cant take my ativan that am due to anst. Plus i am a chronic pain patient with back trouble and fibro. can anyone give me any advice on how to calm down, , they told me no garlic and other herbs! guess what I am looking for here is a post or 2 and a hug as I have no moral support. I read a lot of posts and u all r great. Thanking You so much - AHH! 2 MORE DAYS-I DONT KNOW IF I AM DOING THE RIGHT THING FOR SOME DEEP INSIDE FEELING! HELP oops, sorry sincerely, patty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2004, 07:22 AM

I'm a strong believer in listening to what that little voice deep inside is trying to tell you.

I know it's almost the 11th hour but can you postpone and get a second opinion? Maybe there's some way to avoid such a radical operation while preserving your health.

Hugs and Prayers for you!
Unread 08-28-2004, 07:27 AM

Hi
just wanted to say hello i had a TAH +BSO on the 17th july i now feel great i'm o no pain killers and have started cleaning my house again . wishing you a speedy recovery
Alison
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2004, 07:51 AM

I'm sorry your having such a difficult time Patty. Fear keeps me second guessing too. I can only tell you what I do too keep me sane with all the stress of waiting and wondering. I pray...I pray for peace about the decision and peace for getting through everyday in waiting.

Just know that you have sisters who care...

Mich
Unread 08-28-2004, 07:53 AM

I was so scared I had myself a nervous wreck and my surgery was post poned a couple of times, which made matters worse. It got to the point that I knew deep down that I needed the surgery!

I know you have heard this before but believe me the waiting is the hardest thing. It is not as bad as you think! Try to listen to the other sisters on here and relax. I know it is hard! What you are feeling is normal. And leave it up to God and pray! As nervous as I was I was so calm the day of my surgery, I couldn't believe it myself! I feel so much better now, I am so glad I did this!

If you need a shoulder, we are all here to listen!

Sending you a great big
Unread 08-28-2004, 08:20 AM

Dear Patty,

You poor thing. I was where you are on Tues. this week. I was really what I would call 'freaking out'. It was so bad. It really was due mostly to questions that had been raised as to whether I needed this or not. The indecision threw me into a state of mind that was not healthy. I couldn't stop crying and could hardly think.
I believe that there is safety in a number of counselors. I asked those who are closest to me and who truly care about me and not one of them felt I should cancel this surgery. It was just the opposite. So I laid it to rest once and for all and am doing this.
I keep coming back to the countless women who have said,"You are going to be so glad you did this. I felt like a new person. I wondered why I waited so long."
At some point we have to trust that we have made the right decision and work our way out of whatever comes. I am a believer and praying also helps me the most. Now I have to trust that God is good and will see me through this, whatever I may have to face post surgery.
I hope you can come to this place in your own heart and enter the hospital at peace with you decision. I will be praying for you.

Blessings, Rita
Unread 08-28-2004, 08:27 AM

aimlesslady12 I know how you are feeling. I had a ultra sound done on the 4th given news of it on the 10th sent OBGYN on the 16th. I was told on 8/16/04 that I need a total TAH and was scheduled for 8/23/04. Only had 1 week to deal with it. When I got to the hospital I was told it would include my cervix.
I too was a nervous wreck and so worried about all the new information that was thrown at me. The next day I was told I needed back surgery (17th). Over whelmed was not the word for what I was feeling. I had spent 3 days in the ER with my back 8th -11th and 12th an had to have a cortisone shot . The doctor gave me valium(sp?) to help calm my spasms and my nerves. Perhaps you can ask your doctor about that. They had me take one and my pain meds the morning of my admit for my TAH. I must admit it did help both with nerves and my pain. Check with your DR.
I feel better in all areas, some of my back pain was caused by the size of my cyst rubbing on my back nerves. I have to have surgery for my back once I am healed from this and am sure after all is done I will be and feel like a new person. I sure you will also.
I am 5 days post op and feel better already. Still tired and slow but each day gets better. Good luck and God bless.

Here's a hug from me to you, God knows we all could use a few.
Unread 08-28-2004, 10:07 AM

Hi Patty,

I want you to know that it is okay to be nervous and scared before surgery, some ladies are more nervous then others. Know that I will have you in my thoughts on August 31st. Please let us know how your recovering is going. All of us a hystersisters want to support you in anyway we can. I just joined, but I feel like I really have been welcomed to this group in such a warm way. Just be sure to ask your doctor a lot of questions, remember no qustion is a dumb question, ask it; okay.
Unread 08-28-2004, 10:10 AM
Hey girl...

You are not alone! I'd say it's ok to feel panicky and uncertain, but I'm sure also that you've weighed the information that the docs gave you and that you realize the potential issues that are present with your diagnosis. Pretty serious stuff.

I have not been told that I have the exact same stuff as you, but I have been told that there is a wild and out of the ordinary growth of endometrium cells going on in my uterus and it "could" become something to worry about. That is enough for me to choose to have it all out and not take a chance.

Besides, I watched my 54 year old sister go through all the flooding, cramping, clotting, pain, bloating, endless periods for over 6 years and she could NOT have a hysterectomy and her life was absolutely lost to all of this for 6 years. There was nothing they could do about it and she suffered greatly.

I don't want to do that and I don't want to chance having uterine or ovarian cancer either, so it's "out with it"!!

Try to pinpoint just what your fears are about and then examine those points. Maybe that will help you focus and gain some emotional control. I know when I had my D&C I had NEVER had ANYTHING (except a doctor visit) done to me in a hospital. I was fearful of the anesthetic. Well, it turned out that before they even wheeled me out of the room to the surgery, I was relaxed and giddy...they gave me something in my IV...it worked like a charm. Next then I knew I saw my doctor standing and looking at me, then that was it. I woke up and there was my SO looking at me in recovery. Never got sick, never felt pain, nothing. Came home and slept for a week and rested.

Now this 2 night deal coming up...sleeping out of my own bed and home will be different, but I'm told I won't care much. I'll be sleeping and more or less out of it and next thing I know I'll be walking the halls in my little nightie thingie. In and out, just like that.

Hang in there...you're going to be just fine. I just know it!
Unread 08-28-2004, 10:27 AM

I had a LAVH on July 20 and although I can't relate to the fear that most all ladies seem to have with impending surgeries I can relate to the surgery itself....

If you need to have this surgery for better health than try to think of it as a new beginning for you, tell yourself you need this and your doing this to be able to accomplish certain things you want to do,even make a list of what your going to do after your 100% focus on the good things...Waiting is hard I know I had six weeks to wait but I was so anxious to do it , couldn't wait...I think i am one of the ones that made up my mind to have a hyster years before they doctor said we would do it, I know that sounds crazy but I knew in my heart and head that without the monthly cramping and heavy bleeding I would live a lot better life and I am.....and would do it all over again .....So stay positive set your goals and forsee your good health....

Best of luck!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register