its confirmed Im going for surgery - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

its confirmed Im going for surgery its confirmed Im going for surgery

Unread 09-03-2004, 11:24 PM
its confirmed Im going for surgery

(((mei))):

My recommendation is always to wait until you actually see what your needs are. You may find that your estrogen stores last quite a while, especially with all the problems you've been having! I didn't have real symptoms until about three months out. However, I did take Prometrium (manufactured by Solvay, don't know if it's imported to Singapore).

Prometrium is the same molecule of progesterone that your ovaries make, that is supposed to balance out your estrogen. I don't know if your doctors ever had you on Provera (or Megace, or Aygestin) or on BCPs. However, none of those is the same molecule that your body made. For me, at least, the Prometrium made a difference, and was enough (other than some vaginal estrogen) for several months.

It's easier to track if you start with lower doses, when you dostart, and work your way up. It was easier for me to wait, since then I knew what I really needed.

One serving of tofu may be enough per day for you. However, keep in mind that you need calcium more than ever, so the tofu will help on two fronts! I have some great tofu meals...

Audrey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2004, 08:56 AM

tofu is cheap here and easy to prepare .Just about 20 cents SG for a hand sized piece an inch thick

at the risk of sounding like a whimp I just dont want to suffer anymore

mei
Unread 09-05-2004, 07:06 PM

I just popped online to send this cut and pasted note out Hi Im about to leave in afew hours for admission . If all goes well surgery to remove my ovaries and work on my gut adhesions will be tomorrow . I will be offline until then ,C ya when I get back out . I will most likely be gone a week .

mei
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2004, 07:13 PM

(((Mei))):

You deserve this relief! We'll look forward to your posts when you feel up to it. Hope your DH and family are taking care of those kids of yours, so you can heal RIGHT!

I suspect this surgery will answer so much for you. It did, surprisingly, for me...

Audrey, who will be thinking of you!
Unread 09-05-2004, 07:20 PM

Thanks so much .Im suddenly abit nervous but I wil be ok .. see ya Im logging off now .. I will post on this thread whenI get back on

mei
Unread 09-06-2004, 01:12 PM

((((mei))))) Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you
Unread 09-12-2004, 07:50 AM
Im back

Hi everyo0ne

Im posting across forums in my usual cut and paste mode because I have quite afew forums and friends to update ..I just got home this evening . Im 5 days post Op and feeling sore but Im otherwise ok . SOOO my apologies if you get this more then once

Im having to slow my tripity fingers down as my thoughts are gushing out . Theres so much to tell .In short Im glad I didnt listen to those who blamed my diet or lifestyle .I too requested for a cholesterol test while I was in and my readings were well within the normal range.Top that off with how I seldom if ever get flu or colds Im probably ok diet wise

My adhesions .. oh well its a known fact to the Drs taking care of me that I have bad ones .What they saw when they opened me up confirmed this .

I recall checkig in the day before getting the bowel prep done and being impatient and unable to sleep . I recall being on this trolley in the prep room on the morning itself wearing one of those "see how nice my bum is gowns" while the team set up the plug and got me ready .Then it was Hi wke up its over .

The pain when I woke was terrible but well bearable . What got to me was the nausea . I react that way I guess to the painkiller . Basically I was in a haze and grabbed at any passing hand unfortunate enough to rest near mine .

I spent the first two days unable to get out of bed because I was hooked to too many things . The puking really got to me .

Guess what they found . Oh Im so glad as I said earlier that I didnt listen to those who said it was my diet or lifestyle . ITS NOT ALL IN MY HEAD this constant vomitting I had been suffering .Im really glad that my Gynae took my complaints seriously enough that I didnt just get dismissed when others did. Had I taken another menopause jab the cysts would have had another three months to grow further

My ovaries were goners . One was so enlarged with chocolate ( blood ) endometriotic cysts that it was up from the normal almond sized ovary in Jan 2004 to about 6+ cm? ( close to 3 inches ) .All this took place in just over 7 months . The DRs had to work on my adhesions too .They wrapped some film about parts of my gut to try and prevent them from resticking . I dont know if it wil work .I had adhesions everywhere . Its no wonder looking at the size of my ovary that I had been so sick this year .Both I think were taken out and Im now in surgical menopause .

I have had some night sweats but its not too bad .My Dr started me on remifemin . Im trying those rather than HRT first because I now have a history of breast cancer on BOTH sides of the family . One of my aunts is currently about to undergo chemo

Daily the Drs waited for me to fart and one day it came . Following the first bowel movements was several trips to the toilet with loose poos .

For months i was unable to eat . Even though Im still on anti emetics for the time being, I was actually able to eat a whole normal sized meal for the first time in months .

He doesnt think its cancer . It looks like the typical chocolate cysts they see in endo patients .

I see him in a month for a follow up .Right now Im just sore

mei
Unread 09-12-2004, 08:00 AM
Hi Mei! about nausea, endo and adhesions

Hi Mei and girls ,
I had been following Mei's post about nausea ...I have this too and i am about to face the same thing ....Another surgery , only seven months from my hyster ....On Sept 28th
I saw on another board , that Mei was good from her surgery .. wishing you all the luck and speedy recovery Mei !!
.I am sure they will find adhesions and another endometrioma on me as well ...............

Seems the nausea can be from bowel adhesions and or ovarian cysts , like endometriomas and there leakages(or rupturing), according to my doc ....i started feeling cycles from my one ovary about 3 months ago ..and began having 2 weeks of nausea and pain then i would be fine 2 weeks.just like when i had a period
...I had 2 ultrsounds done in the past 6 weeks and there are cysts on my only ovary..the pain i am feeling she feels is from some adhesions ..also having the bowel probs again ...the nausea has been horrid ...i lost 6 pounds in the last 10 days
I am so terrified ...i have anxiety , which has been well under control for years , even with my hyster in feb ...this time i dread and fear another abdomnial surgery ...my doc is also having a bowel surgeon on standby ........
i dread losing my ovary .. fearing mental uproar from it ......i dread the pain and recovery period ... My holidays will suck ....
all plans have been cancelled
I also have to donate 2 pints of my own blood , i had a fetal blood tranfer during the birth of my son , causing weird antibodies ..... so i will be weak and feel even worse
Sorry i am venting horribly
Mei i wish you well and hope this is now over for you !
Hugs , Vorice
Unread 09-12-2004, 08:04 AM

gosh my sympathies

Im ok but sore . IM simply glad I am home

mei
Unread 09-12-2004, 08:14 AM

So glad you are home ....It feels better to be at home ....
Hoping and praying you heal fast .....Good Luck !
Hugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register