Help now in a panic! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help now in a panic! Help now in a panic!

Unread 08-31-2004, 01:19 PM
Help now in a panic!

My surgery is tommorow morning (Sept. 1) I have had off and on nervous times but now it is really getting scary. I have 2 sisters, 1 mother, 2 mother-in-laws who have all had hyst. They have all told me it is no big deal and this site has been wonderful and encouraging. But.... I am "freaking out" now! DH is taking 2DS, 1DD out tonight for dinner I don't think I can eat! The fears, the terrible thoughts are hitting me now. I am sitting here crying wondering if God is wanting me to just cancel! Tell me it is just last minute jitters! HELP

Lisa
TVH leaving ovaries?.....Sept. 1 04
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2004, 01:34 PM
Help now in a panic!

Hi Lisa!

It sounds to me like you have a case of the last-minute jitters. I think that it's unlikely you made it this far in your journey if you had doubts about your doctor's recommendation of a hyst as the way to improve your quality of life. Can you be specific as to exactly what your fears are? Maybe if you tell us what you are so afraid of, we could help you.

I'm sending positive thoughts and many s your way!
Unread 08-31-2004, 01:44 PM
Help now in a panic!

Lisa, Trust me I know its the last minute jitters because I have two more weeks and it hit me so bad Sunday night I woke up with heart palps, anxiety, panic attack and everytime I would drift off I would wake up in a panic cause the dream was so real and it was always about bloody pads or some scary thing..I had to stay home from work yesterday cause of no sleep, and yes I had the bathroom trips and could not eat, gotta be nerves but I just sat down and had a heart to heart with God and said Hey you promised you would be with me and I need you to relax me and give me peace and its helping so much. Good luck, get that thing out and help me out when you get home Denna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2004, 02:29 PM
Help now in a panic!

Lisa - I'm going in to surgery tomorrow as well, at 9:30 they tell me! And I am very jealous that you get to eat dinner - I have been on clear liquids since Midnight Sunday and I am STARVING!!!!! I also have a hurricane coming at me that I am dealing with, so I have my thoughts on other things. I'm strangely calm - probably because I had emergency surgery 2 months ago and I did fine with the anesthesia and everything, so I have more knowledge aboiut what will be happening after. We can do it! Be strong!

Alicia
Unread 08-31-2004, 02:29 PM
Help now in a panic!

Ok just terrible thoughts of husband and kids getting in a wreck and dying leaving me alone with a hyst recovery. Hurting worse than what I have for years. Just stupid panicy thoughts. Worried about doc nicking me somewhere, hemmoraging, ect. I know these thoughts are just me and I am going to be fine, just like my sisters have said. But, jeez this is a really scary thing when it is happening to you. Thanks for listening to my worries!

Lisa
Unread 08-31-2004, 02:30 PM
Help now in a panic!

So sorry Alicia. I guess I shouldn't worry. Good luck with your surgery and Godspeed!
Lisa
Unread 08-31-2004, 02:34 PM
Help now in a panic!

The waiting is definitely the hardest part.... not to mention all of the horror stories people seem obliged to share with you. But just think... soon it will be something in your past. The anxiety can be brutal... I found that the breathing that I used for choldbirth helped calm me body down, even though my mind still seemed to keep going. For me, the surgery went fine and recovery was not as bad as I had imagined it to be. My pain was managed very well, and I gradually got better and better. Life has definitely been better after the surgery and I haven't regretted it for a second. I found that when I got really scared and panicky, I would get online and connect with the hystersisters and that would calm me right down. Hang in there and just take it a day at a time and know that soon you will be going uphill....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register