pelvic pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-13-2000, 09:28 PM
pelvic pain

I have had deep left pelvic pain for the past three days. It isn't present all the time, but this evening the pain felt when I got out of my car was "excruciating" and made me scared that there may be a problem related to my surgery of six months ago. Does anyone know if this could be related to adhesions? I really hate to go to the doctor before Christmas because I already spent one Christmas in the hospital when I had my appendix removed 7 years ago. I was also diagnosed with ovarian cancer originally, which was then reduced to only low malignant potential. I see my gyn every 3 months. I am currently right in the middle of appointments. I don't see him again until February. Any ideas where this pain may be coming from? It feels deep in the left side--where my ovary would have been.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2000, 08:05 AM
pelvic pain

Hi Linda,

I can't say I've dealt with this type of problem but if its persisted several days I would probably call the Dr to check. You might just explain whats going on to them and see if they think you should be seen. But then, I go by the motto, if its something thats going to make me worry and fret, I'm going to be seen, even if it turns out to be nothing. It makes me feel better just to get a answer.

I actually did just that a couple of days ago, I had had a fluid buildup (pleural effusion) a couple of months ago and last weekend starting feeling "weird" again. I asked to be seen to check it out along with my latest blood workup and they found no fluid. Yeah! I was worrying myself sick about just the thought of going through the draining again.

I hope you'll be able to get some answers and relief soon.

Take care,
Vicki
Unread 12-14-2000, 10:08 AM
pelvic pain

I have read many times where adhesions are deep sharp pains that are horrid! Why don't you make a post on the Road less traveled board? I am sure that you will find someone there that could probably tell you all about them! I really hope that you are painfree very soon!! If you are not feeling any better, I think that it would be best to call the doc. Let's face it...better to be safe than sorry! If you don't call, you will spend all of the holiday worrying anyways!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2000, 07:09 PM
pelvic pain

Dear Linda,
I would call at least about the pain you are having. I have been having some little twinges too, but maybe it is due to doing abdominal exercises lately. I go for my checkup Jan 10, so will mention it then.

Also, Vicki mentioned "pleural effusion." What is that? I would like to know what the symptoms are of it also. I have been feeling bloated lately and I am concerned why that might be.
Unread 12-18-2000, 07:52 AM
pelvic pain

Hi all,

I'm sorry Donna Marie, I didn't mean to confuse the issue that Linda brought up. A pleural effusion is actually a fluid buildup in the pleural cavity in the lung. At first it felt like congestion in the lung, I then started feeling alot of pressure like someone was closing a vise around my chest. It was first thought to be pneumonia but turned out the fluid was actually in this pleural cavity. They ended up draining a liter of fluid out of there, no wonder I was having trouble breathing. From what I've read, I guess this is something that can happen during chemo treatment for some reason.

Again, I'm sorry to have confused the issue on the pelvic pain. But, just as with the lung pain, I wouldn't let any kind of pain go without getting it checked with the Dr.

I hope you all will be feeling better soon. Take care and have a Merry Christmas.

Vicki
Unread 01-02-2001, 10:50 PM
Hi Norway Lynn: A new Princess to chat with!

Hi: I would love to chat with you via email --could you send me your email address. My TAH/BSO was 4-17-2000 uterine cancer--prognosis good and no chemo was given. Now at 8 mo post I am doing good however have some minor questions still at this point. My next checkup is middle of Jan 2001. What I read between the lines I can relate to somewhat and would love to chat and share. Thanks "Norway" and I hope by the time you read this you are feeling better hugs being sent along with this note!!

I haven't been on the message boards in quite awhile so I will either check this in the next few days for a reply or look for you on email. Princess Carole
Unread 01-03-2001, 09:12 PM
pelvic pain

Hi Carole,
I would be happy to correspond with you. My e-mail address is: [email protected]
Fortunately, my pelvic pain has subsided, but comes back every other day or so - not as severe as at first. I plan to discuss it with my doctor on my next visit, unless it gets bad again before then.
Unread 01-04-2001, 05:31 AM
pelvic pain

Thank goodness that you have responded again! I have been wondering how you were doing! I tried to email you, but my fingers hit the wrong LINDA and therefore you didn't get it! I did have good intentions though! Let us know how it goes when you see the doctor. Take care!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register