Bald Forever??????????? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bald Forever??????????? Bald Forever???????????

Unread 09-03-2004, 12:58 AM
Bald Forever???????????

Hi gals:

I had my last chemo on July 1st. My eyebrows have come back great. My hair is still no more than a quarter of an inch long. Sorry for the whine. Having cancer is so much worse than being bald.

Hugs,

LilyLulu

Fallopian Tube cancer stage 2c, Taxol & Carboplatin x 6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2004, 07:33 AM
Bald Forever???????????

Don't worry Lilylulu. It will come back. I was worried too, that my was gone for good. It took about 4 months before my hair was a bit longer then crew cut length and I was comfortable going out without a bandanna. This was July of 2003. ( a month before the avatar picture was taken) now it is touches my shoulders and I have cut it once. The texture is better than before chemo . By Christmas you will have a nice head of hair, maybe even by Thanksgiving.
Unread 09-03-2004, 09:42 AM
Bald Forever???????????

It was also about 4 months befoe my hair was long enough where I felt comfortable going without a wig or hat. My hair has come in real thick so have had it trimmed and thinned out about three times since then. It is still short, but I have gotten comfortable with it. It came in real curly at first with a soft texture. Still soft, but less curly. I finished chemo the end of January so you can see the hair does return! Once we start feeling better, we want to look good also. The lack of hair is one very visible reminder of what we have just been through and we want it back now, don't we.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2004, 09:51 AM
Bald Forever???????????

I do know what you mean. My last chemo was May 19th. My hair reminds me of little boys who let their buzzes grow out. It's got that shaggy rug look. And it goes whatever way it wants. Which tends towards the middle like those kewpie dolls.
I thought about getting it cleaned up a bit, but that would be losing some. I guess I'll dig in and wait another month and see what can be done then. I did use some of the non-permanent coloring to cover the gray. They were longer than the darker ones and stuck out like sore thumbs. I have ventured out in my backyard without a scarf!!! It was liberating.

It'll happen, (I hate saying that cause I'm sick of hearing it). You're done with chemo and I bet you're really feeling good by now. It was about 7 weeks after chemo that I felt renewed,alive.
Know what I mean?

Good luck,
Laura
Unread 09-03-2004, 10:30 AM
Bald Forever???????????

Hi Lily,

Give yourself about 5 months after chemo and your hair will be at a cute length .

Rosalie
Unread 09-03-2004, 02:58 PM
Bald Forever???????????

Thanks for asking this question and the great answers. I asked the same question at my 5th treatment yesterday. The answer was 4 to 6 months. GROAN!

Would sisters who have been thru this recommend shaving off the wispy, white chemo hair before the regular hair starts to grow back in? Any thoughts on that?

How long does it take for eyebrows to come back? Eyelashes?

Thanks!!!
Unread 09-03-2004, 07:28 PM
Bald Forever???????????

Hi,
eyebrows and eyelashes were the very first to return.

Oh, yes, those whispy white hairs,, the hairs that have no pigment to them I do remember them well.

Unfortunately they kinda kept my sanity when my hair actually left.

I never shaved them, they just disappeared.

Rosalie
Unread 09-05-2004, 03:04 PM
Bald Forever???????????

Thanks Rosalie. This is getting way old.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register