Panic! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-03-2004, 10:34 AM
Panic!

Ten days left (please god, let it really happen this time!) and my schedule is so jammed up that I dont know how Im going to get through it! This morning Im going to town(an hour drive each way)in for new blood workups and to pay bills and grocery shop. On the way home we need to set up tables for a weekend sale. Need to do this as I am no longer working and Sept. income definatly needs a punch in the arm. Sale all day Sat, Sun, & Mon. Tues is pre op, Wed is echo cardiogram (this scares me, I wish that these two were switched around), Thur morning is county stuff that we have to wade through and then we drive to my sons house which is a 10 to 12 hour drive each way! Wont get home until morning of the 12th (surgery is 13th). The sheer amount of stuff packed in not to mention a killer 10 to 12 hour drive to my sons both ways when it hurts so bad to do the one hour drive to doc appts. has me VERY worried. No optional items on the list, they all need done even the trip. I live in North Idaho and if I wait until after surgery,by the time Im able to travel without jeapordizing my recovery, the roads will be too bad (ice and snow) to safely travel. Fall is already here with all signs for an early winter. The trip IS needed before winter (lots of important reasons) and I truly want to do it as it means that I get to see my family as a side perk, but Im scared about the physical reality of the trip and how Ill make it through it. My husband will be driving so that I can take pain pills for the trip and we will get back in time to get a full days rest before surgery if everything works out right. Of course nothing is done or prepared at home...HOW am I going to get through all this?!? I get tired and out of breath walking from one end of the house to the other these days!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2004, 12:50 PM
Panic!

I can simpathize. I had decided to clean my house top to bottom to prepare and made all my arragements and with the way my kids distroy the house from one end to the other on daily bases I said to heck with it and decided that whatever isn't done around the house dh will have to do. I don't think that is too much to ask of him. And neither should you. Your schedule is jammed up between now and then so as far as house stuff let him do it while you recover. I know it isn't ideal and its not like getting them done yourself but with everything that is going on with you over the next week and a half house is going to have to go on back burner. Like I said I know it isn't the best way to handle it but it may be your only solution. I have been having panic attacks about everything that is going on myself but I went to fam dr today and got some relief. I know medicating the problem isn't the answer but when it comes to anxiety there really isn't a right answer. I took a half a xanax after I got it filled and I haven't felt this calm in months. I am not sleepy and I am still able to do things but the little things that usually get to me today haven't really bothered me. Like the traffic. I live in south alabama so we have alot of evacuies coming from florida and the traffic in my small town is crazy. More patient with the kid so far. I hope this is how it is from now own. Because I was freaking out about something as insignificant as finding my shoes. Or what to cook for dinner. So hang in there. What you cant get to just dont sweat. Let hubby handle it. It is after all what he is there for. Hope you have a great trip and keep the pain meds handy. Hope you feel better very soon. Look at it this way 10 days and you will be a princess.
Khristina
Unread 09-03-2004, 01:10 PM
Panic!

I know your feeling, I have the worst cold and flu that I just happened to get two days ago so I am drinking lots of fluids and resting. Staying home from work, thought I was going to die the first night of this and figured there was no way surgery could be more nasty than this. Actually the panic and anxiety that my mind creates is so much worse than any physical problems, I wish you luck, our surgery is the same day, hope they dont cancel mine, my preop is Tuesday and I will find out the haps..Hugs, Denna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2004, 10:30 PM
Panic!

Thanks all, Sorry for venting but sure nice to have a place to do it. No friends or family close and DH tired of hearing it. He trys to be suportive but not much he can do to help or change things. Also, he is still recouperating from his own surgery (left index finger amputated) a couple of weeks ago and still not back completly. I know that Ill make it through everything and out the other side but sure feels like Im jumping off a cliff right now. No doubts about surgery, that can not come soon enough for me!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register