hemorrhagic ovarian cyst Very long post | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hemorrhagic ovarian cyst Very long post hemorrhagic ovarian cyst Very long post

Unread 09-05-2004, 09:36 PM
hemorrhagic ovarian cyst Very long post

I hadn't had many problems since my tah in 2000.
On wednesday, I had some some lower right handed pain. Went to ER on wednesday night (thought it might be appendicitis). After having an ultrasound,the general surgeon said he didn't think it was my appendix (although that is where my pain was located. My pain was an 8 to 9). hooked me up to an iv and gave me morphine through it. The doc said I had a small ovarian cyst on my right side. He wouldn't do an exploratory lap (by this time I had had 2 ct scans along with the us. He kept wantingto take a watch and see approach even though I was in MAJOR pain, and it was now Friday afternoon and I hadn;t left the hospital at all(after I had had the second ct scan) and he had told on thursday (after admitting me) that if i was still having major pain on friday , he would do something about it. My hubby and I couldnt figure out why he wouldn't do an exploratory. Doc talked to my hubby after the ct scan by phone on friday (Iwasnt about to tell hubby what the doc said about waiting another day) I heard the doc's end of conversation and at one point he told my hubby that he didn't get paid unless he did surgery. (Can't figure why he said that.) Doc wouldn't transfer me to another hospital, so he discharged me and hubby took me to another hospital about 45 minutes away.
It took the original hospital almost an hour to fax all the paperwork to the new hospital. They agreed with the first doc that it probably wasn't my appendix but it did seem like i had an ovarian cyst. Within 2 hours I had another us which showed the cyst had grown by 2 centimeters. I can't remember which day they did the first us. After being at that hospital for about 4 hours they had me admitted, hooked up to a pca pump with morphine and had a gynecologist for me.
I had surgery on Saturday at 2:00 pm where the doctor found a baseball sized hemorrhagic ovarian cyst which the appendix was on top of he removed the cyst and we are waiting for the pathology report.
I can and can't believe what the first hospital did. That is the hospital where I gave birth to my children and had my gallbladder out, and had my hysterectomy The hospital has been getting a bad reputaion for the last few years. I just didn't think it would happen to me or my family. Does anyone have any info on hemorrhagic cysts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2004, 02:13 PM

Oh my (((((Essie))))) I'm so sorry you had such a hard time in the hospital this past week I do hope that you feel better real soon and the surgery did the trick.

I do not have personal experience with hemmoragic cysts, but, hopefully, others will show up soon with some insight. In the meantime, you might want to check these few links that have also been submitted to the Resources Library:

Hemorrhagic cysts in the ovary

Sonographic Spectrum of Hemorrhagic Ovarian Cysts

About Ovarian Cysts

Sending tons of s your way. Please be sure to let us know how you're doing.
Unread 09-15-2004, 06:47 PM

I had my post-op visit after having my cystectomy. The operating doctor(he just fills in on the weekend there) had to scrape some scar tissue that was connecting my omentum to my vaginal cuff to be able to do the surgery, which left a small hole in my vaginal cuff. The pathology report hasn't come in yet, but we didn't expect it to considering I had surgery on a holiday weekend. I will ask about it at my next appointment in a month when I go back for my pap smear and checkup of the vaginal cuff.

I really connected to the doctor who is doing my follow up on this surgery, so I have decided to change doctors (even though I have to drive 45 minutes to see her). I will miss my old doctor (he did my hyster), but we don't have much trust in the hospital near our home anymore.

And I get to go back to work on monday.

I hope my journey on this road is short and that I find an exit real soon, but I thank God that I have you all to turn to for support.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register