bilateral lumpectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bilateral lumpectomy bilateral lumpectomy

Unread 09-06-2004, 10:06 PM
bilateral lumpectomy

Hello ladies

It's been quite a while since I've posted. I mentioned in the past that I had developed several breast lumps after only 3 weeks on estrogen last October. The doctors kept monitoring them and 2 quickly began to grow. Last Tuesday I had a bilateral lumpectomy to remove the 2 lumps in question. I'm waiting for results and all I know is that the lumps were a lot bigger then my surgeon had expected. At this point they may just be fibroadema's but I'll have to wait for the pathology to confirm.

My DH walked out on me in June, 1 week prior to my appointment with the surgeons. It has truly been a long, difficult and stressful summer. My health had been a strain on our marriage unfortunately I had hoped that my hysterectomy would have ended my poor health but the drama continues.

Anyway I'm trying to stay very positive and can only hope that everything will come back fine. Take care everyone

T-L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2004, 07:10 AM
bilateral lumpectomy

Oh ((((T-L)))))) I'm so sorry that you've had so much to deal with in the past few years and the stress of this summer can't have helped

My father had throat cancer, back in 1997, but he'd had a lump in his throat a few years before. I remember vividly that, back in 1994, the doctors told him that they something like 90% sure that the lump was benign. In December 1996, when the throat cancer was diagnosed, they told him that they were 99% sure that it was maligned. Hopefully, your doctor was right and you are dealing with fibroadema's .

Sending tons of s your way and praying that this will the surgery that will set you on the Road to Recovery. Please, do keep us posted.
Unread 09-08-2004, 08:18 AM
bilateral lumpectomy

(((T-L)))

Wanted to send some s and say how sorry I am that you are having so much to deal with. You are in my that they are benign lumps. You are due some good news

Please keep us posted!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2004, 09:45 AM
bilateral lumpectomy

Hi!

I am sending 's your way. Sounds like you have had to deal with a lot in your life. Especially your DH leaving you. Apparently he didn't mean it when he said "for better or for worse, in sickness and in health". I hope he has many regrets about his decision. Keep your chin up. I know it probably doesn't seem like it much now, but life does go on, and you will make it through this. I that those lumps are benign and that everything will work out for you.

Karen
Unread 09-08-2004, 10:04 AM
bilateral lumpectomy

Hi T-L,

I just want to send you some positive thoughts and well wishes. I hope the lumps are benign. Then you can go on to live so well that your DH will be soooo sorry that he did not support you like he should have.

Good luck!

Sharon

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register