Vivelle Dot 0.1 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vivelle Dot 0.1 Vivelle Dot 0.1

Unread 09-07-2004, 09:13 AM
Vivelle Dot 0.1

Is anyone else on V-Dot 0.1? I would like to know if anyone else is going thru what I am going thru. Exhaustion, sleepless night (unless I take ambien 10mg), crying, feeling worthless, can't think straight, etc....??????????? My surgery was 06-15-04. V-Dot is my 3rd med.

Thanks
Oneness44:hair: :hair:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2004, 11:24 AM
Vivelle Dot 0.1

(((Hugs to you, my sister!)))

My surgery was July 19th and I had a total abdominal. I am currently on my 2nd hormone which is also the Vivelle Dot 0.5

I am so tired I can hardly hold my head up. I cannot sleep at night and take nothing to help with the insomnia. Before my surgery, my doctor placed me on Xanax to help cut the edge, as I began having terrible back pain. The back pain went away right away after surgery and I flushed the Xanax. I almost wish I had them now to help me get some well-needed rest.

I work fulltime away from home, so I am in dire need of some well needed sleep, so I know exactly how you feel. Personally, I don't like taking meds, but am seriously considering taking Tylenol PM every other night. I may even call my doctor to she what she recommends.

I break out with sweats continuously throughout the day and evenings. This is what bothers me the most.
Unread 09-07-2004, 01:01 PM
Vivelle Dot 0.1

Hi Oneness,
I e mailed you earlier. I am also on Vivelle .10 and ambien for sleep. Buttt, I was having the sleep issues prior to surgery. Tylenol pm forever and ambien all this year. The fatigue is a different story. I have been told that the vivelle dot is good. I have read surferbabe's post. That is what she is on. I know that we are all different. But, I don't want to be tired and out of sorts. I also don't really want to go back to the doctor and have anything changed. I guess I just want to be FIXED RIGHT NOW!!!!! Please let us know what the doctor says.Sunshine 48.
PS. The reason I am wanting to know what the doc says is because when I called in to the office and talked to the nurse, she said, Give all of this time. Give my body more time to adjust before a change.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2004, 03:33 PM
Vivelle Dot 0.1

I am on the Vivelle 0.1 also. I had my hyster 8-30-04. The only problem I seem to have with this patch is night sweats. However, now that I think about it, I didnt have any last night. I am not sure that I want to stay on any hormone therapy anyhow. I just havent had a chance to talk to my doctor again. After my surgery, my doc just pretty much said, you are young and gonna need this. The patch was put on me in the hospital. At the time I wasnt in the best frame of mind to complain. I know all of this is a wait and see game anyway. Best wishes to you all!!!!
Unread 09-07-2004, 04:11 PM
Vivelle Dot 0.1

Hey,
I guess I must be doing ok on the vivelle dot because I do not have any sweats of any kind. I am 61 days post op. I have cried about 4 or 5 times. Sluggishness is my main concern right now. Last week it was headaches. Not having them this week. Just a little tired. So maybe this recovery is like taking small baby steps. I know one thing. Think about it. Removing your insides is a big deal. Having to do 6 inch incisions and all. So, like I said earlier today. Maybe I just need to practice alot more patience with myself and healing and all. I am just grateful that I WOKE UP from the surgery. We all did!!!! Take Care. Sunshine 48
Unread 09-07-2004, 04:56 PM
Vivelle Dot 0.1

Hi all,
I am also on Vivelle 0.1,have been since surgery.I am 10 weeks post-op and seem to be doing well with the patch. At 4-5 weeks, I felt emotionally unavailble and tired(thinking it was just part of the 'deal') told my doc and he told me progesterone would take care of that..he was right. So far, so good. It has fortunately been a good fit for me so far...so very grateful to feel good(actually better than I have felt for years)) Hope this info helps a wee bit.I know we are all different and also aware that everything can change in a heartbeat. I send Blessings to all!
Constance
Unread 09-07-2004, 04:59 PM
Dot

Hi, I just got my prescription filled and used the first Dot on Saturday, September 4th and have not had the symptons described here.
Unread 09-07-2004, 05:07 PM
the vivelle dot

I also had the patch put on the day after surgery, and I am not young. I have not had any problems or symptoms. But I might not need as much as someone younger because I was probably already starting menopause.

If you go to http://www.acog.org/fromhome/publications/press
releases/nr05-04-04-2.efm
you can read about the hormone replacement study that the WHI did, the site is the American something of obstetrician and gynocologists. It answered a lot of my questions about it. Their main point was that surgically induced menopause radically reduces those hormones-and at least for awhile afterwards you might need some.

I also agree with the others here-give yourself some time-lots of things are happening and your body will adjust to most of them. But I would still call the doc or even better, make an appointment to discuss these things in more detail with the doc.
You can also look on the hystersister site here in the hormone jungle where lots of other opinions and ideas are.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register