I HAVE A QUESTION..Please help! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I HAVE A QUESTION..Please help! I HAVE A QUESTION..Please help!

Unread 09-07-2004, 10:26 PM
I HAVE A QUESTION..Please help!

I originally posted on the bladder board but did not get much response...hopefully there are some here who can be helpful...
Today is my one year anniversary for my TAH/BSO...i also had my gall bladder removed at the same time...
I have had nothing but problems since my surgery...
Altho I love not having periods...and my hormone patches seem to be working great...I now have to have a bladder sling ...which is scheduled for Tuesday the 14th...My Uro was originally going to do the burch procedure..but called last week to tell me he has decided to do the Transvaginal sling instead...If anyone has had one of these...could you please tell me what recovery from this is like....
ALSO, as I've been reading the boards trying to get some info...I have read a lot about adhesions...Could someone please tell me how they are diagnosed...I have had CT scans, MRI, ultrasounds...and a colonoscopy along with all the Urodynamic testing..and no one has mentioned adhesions...but, somewhere in my mind, I am thinking that this is a lot of my problem...since I have been in pain since my TAH/BSO...i've also had bladder and bowel incontinence since then...
ANY info would be most appreciated...I only have til Tuesday to change my plans if there's something I else I think they should be looking at ....
Thank you....
GlPrncess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2004, 12:11 AM

Hi,
I know from experiance that the bladder and bowel incon. can be cause from a prolapsed bladder. The adhesion, from what I have read here, can sometimes only be found once their looking inside you. Make sure you dr. has performed many of the transvaginal procedures before. It is a realitively new procedure and you don't want to be his first. Will he be looking around for other problems while in there or just doing the sling? It's a good ? to ask. Good luck and if your not completly sure, get a second opinion!
Unread 09-08-2004, 02:11 PM

Hi,
I'm so sorry to hear that you're having all of these problems. I don't know anything about the bladder surgery your having so I can't give you any advice on that. However I do suffer from severe adhesions and can tell you that they don't show up on any tests like mri, cat scans etc. The only way to detect adhesions is through a laproscopy procedure where the doc goes in and takes a look around. I'm also wondering if they can take a look around at the same time they're doing the bladder sling. I'd definitely ask your doctor about that. Good luck and I hope that your feeling better soon!
~Mary

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register