Concerned | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-08-2004, 01:55 PM
Concerned

HAS ANYBODY ELSE DONE A PREOP OVER 55 AND NO EKG, NO BOWEL PREP ASKED FOR??? I MEAN I FEEL LUCKY, BUT SHOULD I???----THANKS, D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2004, 02:03 PM
Concerned

Sorry, havent had my preop yet, but I just wanted to say good luck next Monday. Come back here & tell us about it!
Unread 09-08-2004, 02:06 PM
Concerned

Thanks Cindy, you know I will, I am looking forward to it, a little concerned only about my right ear still full of fluid due to cold last week, but I have a bummer estigin (sp) tubes in my ears so whatever, I am thankful only the ears are plugged...Hugs, D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2004, 02:37 PM
Concerned

I got my pre-op requirements and my doctor doesn't want an EKG or Bowel Prep either. I'm 40, so there may be an age issue. I think all doctors are different, so it could be that you're just lucky. I would call your doctor to make sure about the bowel prep though. It would be a rude surprise if he/she just forgot to mention it.

I hope your surgery goes very well.

-nmil
Unread 09-08-2004, 02:43 PM
Concerned

I have a nurse from the hosptial calling tomarrow between 9-11:30 for any and all questions and that one is on my list, so thanks sisters. I have a cardiologist and just saw him this month, he might have referenced alls well in the chart and sent over to the gyn....Hugs, D
Unread 09-08-2004, 03:09 PM
Concerned

I am 41, had a TVH, no chest xray, no EKG, no bowel prep. It just varies by doctor I think. If your doctor didn't request any of it, consider yourself lucky, I guess. I feel very lucky!

Good luck! Look forward to hearing all about your experience!

Deb
Unread 09-08-2004, 03:17 PM
Concerned

Hi,
I am 51. I had a D&C done in Feb. and they did an EKG before that which has covered me for an ablation in May and they just faxed it over for my upcoming TVH. I get to do the Fleets enema the night before-lucky me! I actually am glad about that because I like the idea of being clean and not having to worry about what is happening in the bathroom the morning of surgery-if you know what I mean. It does seem like all the doctors are different inwhat they want. It is good you have the nurse calling so you can ask and have your mind at ease.

Blessings, Rita TVH with bladder sling. leaving ovaries
Unread 09-08-2004, 03:44 PM
Concerned

I just back an hour ago from Pre-Op testing - I'm 55 - no ekg, no x-ray, no bowel prep. I was also surprised cause I'm really feeling shaky with my normal low blood pressure and anemia.

No big deal, but the phlebotomist missed my vein the first time and my entire mid arm is sore! I made her try the other arm next.
Hope you al have a better sticker.
Unread 09-08-2004, 03:51 PM
Concerned

Hi, my surgery is this friday the 10th..nervous!!! Having a LAV hope fully, she thinks she won't have to make a cut.I had my pre-op yesterday ,I am 48 and yes..I have to do the bowel prep tomorrow..I also had blood work done to check my anemia but no EKG or chest xrays..I do not smoke..sometimes that matters..I have heard some Dr.s dont do all that preparation..My friend had her hyster..and was suppose to do the prep and just said forget it and told them at the hospital that she didn't do it and they did her surgery any way!!! I would call the Dr. and check , maybe it was an oversight on their part..

( enlarged uterus, heavy periods, abnormal thickening of the uterus, anemia, cysts on both ovaries)
Unread 09-09-2004, 06:29 AM
Concerned

Hi Denna-
I can't help with the age part, but I can tell you that will keep the EKG machine on you during surgery. Since you just saw your cardiologist and no mention of it was made, then I assume all was fine. That's probably why they didn't order one.

When the Dr. calls, ask about it for your own peace of mind. The dr. can also tell you if maybe you can use a laxitive or an enema if you would feel more secure that way.Let me know how it goes.

Blessings
Amber

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register