ADENOMYOSIS and IBS | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ADENOMYOSIS and IBS ADENOMYOSIS and IBS

Unread 09-12-2004, 11:21 AM
ADENOMYOSIS and IBS

Hiya.
Can anyone tell me is ADENO and IBS connected. Becuase this past few days I have felt like hell. It all began with my period, the usual cramps. bloatedness etc etc. But I feel like I am so full all the time and have cramps, my period has come to and end but this feeling is still there. I am regular as far as bowel movement is concerned although did have an upset tum on Friday.
Does anyone know if ADENO causes everything to sweel and affect other organs such as the stomach?
I have just eaten some yogurt and fruit and I feel fit to burst and it is making me miserable.
My op date is set for 15th October, but this is driving me mad and making me feel miserable, not great for a woman who got married yesterday 11th September
Hugsssssssssssss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2004, 12:00 PM
ADENOMYOSIS and IBS

I don't have IBS, but my enlarged uterus (from adeno) causes me trouble because it either displaces or pushes on my bladder and bowels. I feel bloated quite often, especially in the evenings.
Unread 09-12-2004, 12:03 PM
ADENOMYOSIS and IBS

janelarson.
I know exactly how you feel. All's I have had today is a cooked brekkie and yogurt and banana for tea, and I feel huge, and I do not know what to do with myself.
Along with this do you suffer from stomach cramps as well?
You see they tried telling me I have IBS before but I really think this is due to the ADENO, but I need information and to hear what others have been through to know if I am right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2004, 12:09 PM
ADENOMYOSIS and IBS

Typically I don't get cramps of any kind, but it might be because I take pain relievers for my back. I'm wondering about "swelly belly" though -- seems like mine can't get much bigger than it does already!
Unread 09-12-2004, 12:12 PM
ADENOMYOSIS and IBS

Well for the past few days mine has been huge, not nice when your getting married. I just feel like I need to pop
Unread 09-12-2004, 12:19 PM
ADENOMYOSIS and IBS

janelarson do you or anyone else no anything I can take to relieve this. If this carries on till my op in October I may go mad
Unread 09-12-2004, 03:25 PM
ADENOMYOSIS and IBS

I think you'd be best off to check with your doctor. I take Gax-X (simethicone) when I know gas is a problem, and a fiber supplement (Metamucil) to keep things moving. Unfortunately the fiber can contribute to the gas.

Oh well. It won't be forever!
Unread 09-12-2004, 03:33 PM
ADENOMYOSIS and IBS

I had a TVH on 8/16 and found that I had adenomyosis. I have also suffered with what I thought was IBS up until my surgery. I think there was a connection with the adenomosis, but I also found I was lactose intolerant. If I drink milk, it makes me absolutely miserable, gassy, crampy, horrid. Some of you mentioned yogurt so maybe there's a connection there. Post op I used senekot which is a real god send. I wish I would have used it pre op. It works much better than anything else I'd ever tried, and I tried lot of things.
Unread 09-12-2004, 03:34 PM
ADENOMYOSIS and IBS

Did you by any chance start taking estrogen to alleviate the adenomyosis? When I started the patch, I aquired IBS after about 3 weeks. Just a thought. Take a hunt around the WEB for IBS and anything you think it might be connected with.

I just went on a trip to visit my friends in NC. They thought it was very odd that I had to say " gotta go NOW!" and run off. They just took it in their stride and said, "OK, see you outside with the car in a min". Mind, no one would enter the bathroom after me though. TMI?

Good luck, cant have you running out.
Unread 09-13-2004, 05:23 AM
ADENOMYOSIS and IBS

kritstone & frodo-dog
Thank you for your messages along with Janes.
I will certainly do some looking on the net. I do have a food allergy and that is to Nickle but I am always so careful. This seemed to start up with my period this time, so I certainly think their is a connection with my ADENO.
Frodo, I am not taking anything for my Adeno at all, although I was on Mefenamic, and cyklokapron for 3 months, and was told not to take it now until my Op, I did carry on with the Mefenamic because of the pain, but stopped the cyklokapron maybe that caused all these problems. Geesh roll on October .

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register