HELP hole in bladder need surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

HELP hole in bladder need surgery HELP hole in bladder need surgery

Unread 12-16-2000, 07:55 AM
HELP hole in bladder need surgery

I need help. Had my TAH 11/1/00.Two weeks ago I started leaking urine thru my vagina. Had a cystoscopy yesterday.Dr. said my bladder and vagina made a connection so there was a hole thus the urine from the bladder was going into and out of my vagina. Surgery is required. He said he could do it either adominally thru the same incision from my Tah or vaginally.I don't know what to do.He said it could be repaired either way but kinda implied it would be easier to go abdominally.I just want it done right. I'm pretty scared.Does anyone have any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2000, 08:06 AM

Oh Sandy!
I am so sorry to hear that you have to have another surgery. If it was me I would want to have it done the way the doctor felt the most comfortable with. I know that being cut again is not fun, but if it means he can see what he is doing then that is what I would opt for. Let us know what is going on. I will keep you in my prayers and on my heart.

Hugs!
Unread 12-16-2000, 11:11 AM

Hi Sandy,

I agree with Linda. So sorry this has happened, and I hope that you are fixed up as good as new with your next surgery.

My very best to you...

Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2000, 07:08 PM

Dear Sandy,

You may wanna do a search of *fistula* on the Post-Op forum and also the *Road Less Travelled* forum...

I am sending huge cyberhugs
Unread 12-18-2000, 08:19 AM

Dear Sandy:
Sorry to hear that you have to go in for antoher surgery, but hang in there. My bladder had to be surgically removed (my op was on 12/6/2000 from the lining of my stomache during my hysterectomy along with my cervix, so I guess it was all done at once. Be prepared to have a catherter in for at least a week for your bladder to heal and the xray is not painful. You'll be back up on your feet in no time..Good luck Sandy
Unread 12-18-2000, 10:16 AM
nov 1 sister

I am so sorry!!Do whatever works best to cure the problem long term if indeed he does an ab surg.he,ll be able to take a peek around and make sure the rest of you is healing like you should.poor dear!I will keep you in my prayers.Love Lass
Unread 12-18-2000, 05:26 PM

Thanks you guys for your replies.I had a cystogram & IVP today.Then saw the dr. I definitely have a hole,kidneys are fine.I'm thinking I will have it done abdominally.Probably the first week in January.I'm dreading it and hope and pray nothing goes wrong this time.Dr said 3 or 4 days in hospital then home with a cather for 2 weeks YUK!!! I just want to be normal again.Meanwhile I'll be like a leaky faucet the next 2 weeks.This is really depressing and this is supposed to be the most wonderful time of the year yeah right.I guess it could be worse so I shiuld be thankful.I just have to think positive and say a lot of prayers. Thanks again for your well wishes and god bless. I'll let you know what happens.
Unread 12-20-2000, 08:59 PM

SANDY---is your ob/gyn doing the surgery????
Unread 12-21-2000, 10:59 AM

Sandy,
Just found out I have same thing. I'm 3 mos post op and the whole thing went so slick. Not a problem and feel super--now this. I anticipate surgery in January also. Same delima as you on surgery to be abdominal again. You're ahead of me w/tests. Please keep me posted as to what is happening. Apparently about 1-2% of women have this happen w/abdominal hyster. Guess we drew the wild card. I'm like you, just want to get it over. Pat
Unread 12-21-2000, 03:40 PM

Sandy....please keep us informed on how things work out.
Last night I started feeling my bladder was leaking,
and then i thought it was vaginally. I called the Dr. and he had me come in. He thinks a fiscula??? is starting....where the bladder leaks into the vagina. He put a cath. on me (ouch) wants to see me in a week. He mentioned running dye through me to see if there is a leak. Right now he is looking to see if with a cath. and antibiotics if it would heal itself. He mentioned a possible surgery to repair. This scares me. I lifted my sons mattress ( not thinking) and my problems started after that. I had a LAVH/BSO, instead of the TAH. The Dr. explained that with any hyst. there is such a thin layer between the uterus and the bladder , that when the uterus is removed, where it was detached...it leaves the bladder week in that spot. With me straining, it more than likely caused a break through....he isn't quite sure right now if it is in fact a hole, or if its any other bladder problem. I have the cath. in right now, and still have it passing through the vagina. I hope everything goes good for you...(excuse my babbling) keep us informed. Thanks.
Your in our prayers.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register