Adhesion surgery & sex.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adhesion surgery & sex.... Adhesion surgery & sex....

Unread 09-13-2004, 09:46 AM
Adhesion surgery & sex....

Hi Ladies,

I had lysis of adhesions 2 1/2 weeks ago. Dr was supposed to go in and remove my remaining ovary but didn't. I was covered with adhesions, my bowel was attached to my bladder and intestine. One of the adhesions was wrapped around a muscle in my back. All along I thought it was the ovary, with a samll cyst, that was giving me all the pain. Dr said that he didn't know how I lasted so long in pain. Anyway that was taken care of for now but for my next question, I had sex for the first time in over a year. Went slowly but no big O with intercourse! I was able to before the hyst and now can't. Also, I think that I'm alot dryer than before and was hurting the second time with penetration. Sorry if tmi. It felt so wonderful after so long. Any suggestions???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2004, 10:02 AM

Hi Donna,

I have to first say that your post is frecking me out cause I am going back in for surgury on Oct. 20th to get my right ovary removed and removal of adhesions also. I have also been going through alot of back pain and thought it was due to my cyst and ovary.... Hope that is all it is!! Sorry for all your pain.

Anyways, I would not worry about not having the Big O the first time. It took alittle while for me when we started again after surgury. You may want to try some KY jelly for the dryness. After having surgury I also had a problem with that and KY works wonderfully.

Brenda
Unread 09-13-2004, 10:41 AM

Donna,

I'm glad your problems w/adhesions are behind you. Now for the important stuff.

I found a product called Silk E and it's great. It's made by the KY people and I like it even better than regular KY. It doesn't get tacky. If you're dry, you will have a harder time acheiving your "goal".

I agree w/Brenda about not worrying the first time. Things will get back to normal.

Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2004, 10:42 AM

Thanks Brenda.

Looks like we are in the same boat. I hope my ovary hangs in there for a couple of years. With all the adhesions he didn't want to "dig" around for my ovary since I was so raw from the adhesions. So I get to keep it which I guess is a blessing. I will try the KY for lubrication and go from there. Good luck on your surgery and please let me know what happens.
Thanks again.
Unread 09-13-2004, 10:49 AM

Shelia,

Thanks. I will try that one too. Can't hurt. Everyone is different and one might work better for me. I am really sore from doing it for the first, second & third time. Second and third were the same night and I think it was a little to much. He is a new boyfriend and was very gentle and understanding. Maybe have to try different positions. It will be fun trying . Since this surgery my sex drive is stronger than before my hyst. I guess it is a good thing. Sorry for tmi.
Unread 09-13-2004, 11:01 AM

I'd recommend Astroglide or Silk E. The KY gets gummy a bit too fast for our tastes, and isn't "slippery" enough.

You may want to ask about some vaginal estrogen. It's very low-dose and doesn't cross into the bloodstream. I have found that all the lubricant in the world doesn't help me over that "edge" unless my vaginal tissues get their biweekly estrogen "bath!"

Also, don't discount lingering aftereffects of anesthesia and pain meds. It may take a few more weeks to work all that out of your system.

Big s -- take a trip to your local drugstore and look either in the condom aisle or the tampon aisle; I've found Astroglide in both places.

Audrey
Unread 09-13-2004, 01:59 PM

Here is the link to an article you may find helpful:

Vaginal Dryness

s
Unread 09-13-2004, 02:36 PM

Just wanted to assure you that my lysis of adhesions did not hamper my ability to reach an O. Sometimes we just need that reassurance, so I wanted to put your mind at ease.

You know, sex is 90% mental. It is really important that you don't concentrate too hard on having the O. Its the watched pot never boils thing ...

As you say, trying can be fun, buts lets face it ... we're wanting that icing on the cake, too. Keep a positive attitude. Think sexy thoughts ... get extra foreplay .. whatever works for you. And, as the other sisters say ... lube up. A little KY silky goes a long way. I have been meaning to try the KY warming liquid, that might be an option you want to explore as well.

Be a good princess and don't ignore discomfort/pain. Its your body's way of telling you that something isn't quite right. In this case, I think the situation will be greatly helped by a lubricant. If not, please call your doc.
Unread 09-15-2004, 08:00 AM
post-sex good,but not good!!

hi,
i too had surgery 3 weeks ago.. to remove adheshions and endo (after a hysterctomy in december 2003) .. we just had sex for the first time last night (i was lucky i did have the big O ) But today boy am i in PAIN!!!!! i was okay last night,but today is totally different.. it feels like my insides are falling out!! (sorry that's the best way i can describe it) i don't see my dr. for my post-op till next week... has anyone had to deal with this... i can't imagine if sex is over cause i can't deal with this everytime afterwards... the dr. said she removed the endo and adheshions.. could they grow back so fast 3 weeks!:hair: thanks foe any advice!!
Unread 09-25-2004, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by michelle35
Just wanted to assure you that my lysis of adhesions did not hamper my ability to reach an O. Sometimes we just need that reassurance, so I wanted to put your mind at ease.

You know, sex is 90% mental. It is really important that you don't concentrate too hard on having the O. Its the watched pot never boils thing ...

As you say, trying can be fun, buts lets face it ... we're wanting that icing on the cake, too. Keep a positive attitude. Think sexy thoughts ... get extra foreplay .. whatever works for you. And, as the other sisters say ... lube up. A little KY silky goes a long way. I have been meaning to try the KY warming liquid, that might be an option you want to explore as well.

Be a good princess and don't ignore discomfort/pain. Its your body's way of telling you that something isn't quite right. In this case, I think the situation will be greatly helped by a lubricant. If not, please call your doc.
The KY warming liquid gets very hot. I didn't find it to be real good, it was too warm and it felt like i was on fire down there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register