Adenomyosis and Hysterectomy and...... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adenomyosis and Hysterectomy and...... Adenomyosis and Hysterectomy and......

Unread 09-15-2004, 05:58 AM
Adenomyosis and Hysterectomy and......

I know just about everyone here has filled out there survey on reasons for hysterectomy. But I was also wondering how many of us sisters here had a hysterectomy and also was told that they had adenomyosis, and they also have children. From the books that I have read it is sometimes linked to having children... I didn't know if there alot of us out there for that reason or not.

I'm trying to tell my girl-friend to convince her doctor to have this done but I don't think that she's ready let alone her doctor want's to take that next step. I was very persisent (sp) with my doctor. I was tired of the pain, bleeding, and looking like I was 3-4 months pregant....

Just a thought that I would never post I guess until now.

jane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2004, 06:25 AM
: )

Yes the doc said I had adenomysis and fibroids and my children r aged 30 and 27 I'm 50.

This op is taking me alot longer to get over than I had hoped even tho I've had many girlfriends tell me what a 'breeze' theres were.

I had to have the op because of constant periods. Tho I sure would warn others having a hyst, it may not be the breeze others say it is. (Or maybe I'd wait and see how they recover from the hyst first as I don't want to talk them out of it if they really need it.)

When your friend gets tired of her problems she'll ask for a hyst, guaranteed.

Eventually......... I'll say "I feel great" (post hyst). Ohhhhh yah.

Prayers to all lovely princesses and future princesses : )
Unread 09-15-2004, 06:42 AM

I am fairly young with 3 children. I also read the same information in the research that you had read, that child bearing contributes to Adenomyosis. There is a DEFINATE link between the two, especially when you have c-sections and the insult to the uterus is greater. I had fibroids that I thought were causing all of my problems. After my doc suggested the hyst. to me is when I started to do research about the prolonged periods, clots and brownish discharge that lasted 2 weeks after my period was over, all of which were symptoms of Adenomyosis. After the surgery the doc told me that there was no doubt in her mind that all my pain and heavy bleeding was due to this and that she would even put money on it. She said my uterus was very "boggy". As for your friend, all you can do is fill her with information and let her make her own decision. There are a lot of other options other than surgery for our problems, I for one just didn't want to be stuck with the ups and downs of BCP for the next 20 years (which weren't working for me at all) and still have a hyst at the end of it all anyway. I wanted to have it while I was young enough to enjoy my kids after the healing has taken place. As it stood, I was missing out on my kids, I had to stay home for 3 days each month, I had to plan trips and things around a bathroom the rest of the month, it was living my life FOR me and that was what made me come to this decision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2004, 06:44 AM

My path report read adenomyosis as well. I have 5 children and they were all big bruisers at birth.
I also had a tubal after number 5 arrived at 10lbs 14 oz.
I have done some reading on adno and the having children seems to be a common factor with each article I read.
I am so glad I had my hyst--feeling so much better now at 12 weeks than I did for three years previous to my hyst..
My only regret is putting the hyst off thinking I would ride it out with menopause--I am 49.
I might have had a long wait.
Unread 09-15-2004, 07:23 AM

Isn't strange that god gave us our reproductive organs to reproduce and then this happens to us.... I thought we were suppose to recreate??? What gives??? I had vaginal deliverys with both of my children. But with my son (11) now that I think about it I don't really remember them (nurses) pushing on my stomach like they did with my DD(13). Or maybe I did and I just don't remember....

Jane
Unread 09-15-2004, 07:41 AM

Me too! I had the TAH due to fibroids and hyperplasia and all the wonderfull symptoms. My path report said that I had an extreme case of adeno. Who knew?! (I have two kids, one c-section, one vaginal, both big) Anyway, glad it's over, feeling a little better every day. Gerry
Unread 09-15-2004, 08:24 AM

i was diganosed with endo and had ablation done 2 years prior. both doctors told me that i had a boggy uterus and on the path it revealed it was about 98 grams but there was no pathology done on the uterus itself, just the other stuff. i am not sure why she didn't want that tested as well but as bad as the endo was and having had a second surgery 9 months later to remove the other ovary, more endo and more adhesions i don't doubt for a minute that i didn't have adeno as well.

i am adding now that i have had one child, who is now 13 yrs old by normal vaginal birth.
Unread 09-15-2004, 08:30 AM

I have 2 children and one was a c-section.I didn't have a clue I had ademo until after I had the hyster .It came back in my path report that it was embedded in my uterous.......Go figure....... I guess when we gain something in one area we lose something somwhere else.............
Unread 09-15-2004, 08:41 AM
Me too!

I had one child born vaginally and my path report came back with severe Adenomyosis. My utuerus was also very "boggy". I had fibroids that caused heavy bleeding and pain each month.

I am 5 weeks post op today from a TVH (kept ovaries) and am feeling the best I have in many months.
Unread 09-15-2004, 09:22 AM

I was told at my two week check up that the path report came back with extensive adeno. I have two children and after my last child I had my tubes tied.

I have done a lot of research before surgery, because i was positive it was adeno from my symptoms. Child birth was a factor, and a scary percentage of women with adeno had their tubes tied.

I feel that Dr's should inform their patients about problems occuring from having your tubes tied. If the Dr would have told me the percentage rate of adeno after a tubal, I probably would have opted to have a hyster then and there instead of all the pain I went through because of adeno.

Just my humble opinion.

Tasha

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register