Finally...an end to it all :) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Finally...an end to it all :) Finally...an end to it all :)

Unread 09-15-2004, 08:12 PM
Finally...an end to it all :)

My name is Daylene and I have had endometriosis for years.

When I was first diagnosed with endo, I was in my late twenties. I followed the prescribed formula of birth control pills, lapraoscopy, Lupron, and Depo-Provera. All of which provided some relief, but the endo kept coming back, along with the pain and bleeding. Finally, I begged, cried, and stomped my feet for a hysterectomy. My HMO declined stating "I was too fat AND I was too young." Desperate, I went out of our HMO system and had cryo-bliation last year in Arizona. This, too, provided me with some relief until about four months ago, when the endo started to bear its ugly head again.

Luckily, I am out of the HMO system and am on insurance where I actually have options. About three weeks ago, I saw my OB/GYN here in AZ who performed the cryo-bliation proceedure. He gave me several options. I could have another proceedure done where they burn the uterus OR look at having a hysterectomy. He set me up with all the pre-op blood tests and ultrasounds.

To be honest, I was almost considering having the less evasive bliation surgery again. I am still over-weight (but loosing it!!!). However, any doubt about a hysterectomy was put to rest this weekend. I started my period and it was the WORST one I believe I have ever had (and I have had some horrible ones). Three times, I either threw up or passed out trying to have a bowel movement. The blood and clots were so bad that all I could do is lay on old towels to soak up what was seeping out of my two huge pads. LOL....the folks at CSI would have a ball with the blood splatter left all over my bathroom floor and toilet! LOL

So....today, I saw my doctor and told him enough was enough. I don't want to try and buy some more time until I go into menopause (which if I follow in the grand tradition in my family...I will not finish until I am in my mid 60's). Even though I am overweight, i am in good health. My BP was 120/70, my cholesterol is 160. I want my life back. I am turing 40 in January and I want to start out this new phase of my life not enslaved to the endo. I want to be healthy!!! I am so tired of this.

In about a week, I will have a surgery date. My Dr. is guessing that it will be sometime at the end of September or the beginning of October. If they called and told me I could go in tomorrow, I would do it

So...my endo journey is finally coming to an end. For those out there who have endo, my thoughts and prayers are with you. And....I will let you know how this turns out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2004, 08:44 PM
Finally...an end to it all :)

G'Day Daylene,

I too suffered for years with Endo stage 4, Adeno, Fibroids mega bleeding etc etc....I can sympathise whole heartedly with you & fully understand what you are going thru....

I had a LAH with R ovary removed 1 month ago (the left was removed last year with a orange sized cyst)....

I hope & pray my Endo is now banished as I am 35 & don't want any more surgeries to remove any more Endo, as in 1999 they removed 18inches of my bowel because of Endo....

My thoughts are with you as you enter onto the journey to a NEW you free of the dreaded Endo...

cheers Vegemite

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register