Adhesions? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-03-2004, 06:14 PM
Re: Adhesions

You aren't alone in this one!
I have been having increasing abdominal pain and difficulty with bowel movements. I had three pelvic/abdominal ct scans with contrast. Each was done at a different facility, nowhere the other one.
Nothing supposedly showed wrong with bowels.
The scans were a total of 22 days apart.
I know most of the problem is adhesions, as when I had the TAH/LSO in 2001, the gyn said she lysed a moderate amount of adhesions from around the bowel. I am also wondering if I may have a rectocele or an enterocele. The gyn only looked in vagina and said to bear down. But never did an actual exam.
About a week and a half ago, I had to do the Fleet phosphosoda prep for a colonoscopy, and I actually had a horrific time eliminating the liquid stool.
The gastro said he got all the way through with the scope, but I feel worse since the scope. I, too have lost about 10 lbs.
And I am now about 100 lbs.
And battling adhesions is a near-losing battle, as the more surgeries you have, the more adhesions return. There is not any adhesion barrier that is 100% effective,either.
Millie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2004, 11:28 AM
Regarding your ?? about adhesions

I got tears in my eyes when I read your post. Four surgeries - poor thing. I've only had two. Although I have had extensive GERD problems, they have been pretty well controlled with medication. I did get multiple adhesions from my TAH of '97, and have had multiple bowel probs since that time. After suffering for almost 7 years, I had my sigmoid colon removed (conventional surgery). I'm only out of surgery about 11 days, so I'm still recuperating and am hoping it will help. The adhesions on my colon from the TAH surgery constricted my colon badly and I had difficulty having BM's, even with medications. We will see how I do. Hope it gets better for you. Have you had a recent laparoscopy to check for adhesions?
Unread 10-10-2004, 07:21 AM
Adhesions?

After 3 surgerys for stage 4 endo, my constipation problem got really scary. I found a product made by Yerba Prima called Colon Care Formula and it really helped my bowel movements; it is available at the Vitamin Shoppe. Try searching the web: YERBA PRIMA and you will find more information about it.

This is their website: www.yerba.com

Originally my doc gave me Miralax which helped but she didn't want me to stay on it longer than a couple of weeks. I got the formula that you mix with juice and drink.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2004, 09:12 PM
I truely understand!!

Hey girl,

It has been so long since i last posted. I have been extremely sick for so long. To recap for those who dont remember me I had gallbladder, 3 lapro for adhesions, suspected breast cancer surgery(came out negative) and then in 2002 had my tah/bso/appendectomy. I also have severe IBS with diarrehea. Even when I think I am constipated and can not go for 3 or 4 days it still comes out as diarrehea. I can not take anything to make me go because then it always comes out to watery and then i dehydrate.

Anyways, I am having tons of test this week, for pain in my upper left side inbetween and below my rib cage. (ultrasound on Thyroid, because my dad has hereditary disease MEN) bloodwork and a ct tomorrow. and then on Thursday a endoscope to look in my stomach. The dr. already said my adhesions were back but wants to rule out other stuff. I dont know if i have to have any more surgery for the adhesions or not. I will find out after all these test.

My nausea and diarrehea have gotten worse. It is very rare to have so much diarrehea with adhesions but when the bowels are as scarred as mine you can..

I just want you to know I definetly understand and here to talk to the best I know how.

Your friend Nicky
Unread 10-13-2004, 10:47 AM
Adhesions?

Dear Endo3:
Thanks for recommending the Colon Care Formula. I will get some right away and try it.
Karen H 1954
Unread 10-23-2004, 06:15 PM
Adhesions?

Can some one tell me what adhesions is?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register