lump ? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-18-2004, 07:01 AM
lump ?

I have alot of bruising on my belly from last weeks surgery . Pray tell what is this lump I feel under oneof the belly bruises ?DH and a friend who had surgery seem to think its scar tissue forming . I dont want to walk into the GP grumbling about a lump that is NOTHING and end up looking daft

mei
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2004, 05:26 PM
lump ?

(((mei)))) Sorry you're having yet another problem Seems like it never ends, right?

The lump could be scar tissue, but it's always safer to check with the doctor on these things, just to be on the safe side: worse they can do, is say it's nothing to be concerned about

Sending tons of s your way and that it is nothing to be concerned about.
Unread 09-18-2004, 10:48 PM
lump ?

I figure its scarring too . can it wait until October ? I mean I dont really want to push my appointment forward because I would rather see my gynae after my mammogram in early october . The only discomfort I have right now is from the bruising and of course whenI move too fast and the cut stretches

mei
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2004, 12:55 AM
lump ?

A hematoma could also cause that lump. Usually, they will absorb (it's just a big collection of clotted blood) but sometimes that can cause inflammation.

Better to be safe than sorry, especially after all you've been through! If I were you, I'd call. The other thing we do when patients get these in the heart cath lab, is to draw with a felt-tip marker around the edges. That way, you can monitor whether or not it is growing.

It is definitely worth a call; I know that Sunday could be difficult, but if it's not growing, Monday should be the latest!

Audrey
Unread 09-19-2004, 05:19 AM
lump ?

my gynae isnt on SUndays . I wondering if its that urgent because its a 40 m,in ride by cab to the hospital where he works

I could go to my regular GPs clinic across the road but my regular GP isnt on duty tonight . He has a sub . I wonder if I should just chance going in to consult his sub . or drop it and watch it

mei
Unread 09-19-2004, 07:20 AM
lump ?

Regarding that longish lump under the belly bruising I wasnt willing to travel that far to seek out my gynae for just a minor enquiry .

I wen to t he GP across the road and my regular one wasnt on tonight . His sub was pretty professional though

he thought it might be scar tissue but the gynae who did thje surgery was my best bet . He thinks that if it doesnt give any trouble or grow it should be ok to wait it out til october .

My GP thinks I have been rather Too active . or rather the Dr subbing for my regular GP .I have a change of pain meds bec the other one is giving me heartburn

mei
Unread 09-19-2004, 07:35 AM
lump ?

I too have a lump. It's been there since about 1 week post op. I saw my doctor at 4 weeks and he sent me for an ultrasound which came back inconclusive. He told me to wait until my next appointment at 8 weeks (thats tomorrow) and if its still there he's sending me for an MRI. Well it's still there and extremely painful. I guess I'll find out this week what it is.

Teri

tah/bso 7/23 ....
Unread 09-19-2004, 08:06 AM
lump ?

good luck teri . My lump well I think its the bruise that hurts when i press it not the lump . Im not really sure myself

I have extensive bruising.

mei
Unread 09-19-2004, 01:16 PM
lump ?

Mei,
I'm a very easy bruiser and usually end up looking like I've been run over by a truck after surgery. I had an exploratory lap two years ago and I was black and blue everywhere.

I'm glad that you had a doctor check the lump out. I feel that is always better to play it safe and check with the doc. Even though you saw a doctor, you may still want to give your doc a call tomorrow and let him know what's going on. Let him make the decision on whether he needs to check it out now or if it can wait until October.

Unread 09-19-2004, 09:15 PM
lump ?

Hi KIm

I just dropped my gynae an email andlet him know too I had seena GP .

That man is great . He listens to a patient and has the human touch

The gP who saw me yesterday knew him but didnt quite like him work wise. However He too had observed my gynae is pretty protective of his patients and I have to agree on that one .All he had to do was say : get her some tea and the nurse went running for it .

He runs a department and two clinics so its pretty busy and if its not an emergency I dont want to call and bug him .

mei

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register