Weight Gain / or Loss? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weight Gain / or Loss? Weight Gain / or Loss?

Unread 09-21-2004, 10:41 AM
Weight Gain / or Loss?

After having your uterius removed, did you lose weight, or gain? I'm wanting to believe that after the doc does his work, I'll magically be 10 pounds lighter (hey, there has to be an upside here somewhere??)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2004, 10:53 AM
Weight Gain / or Loss?

i am 9 weeks post-op and am exactly the same. i was hoping i would get rid of that pregnant look but i am back in my old clothes. which is good because for the first 4 weeks i couldn't even get iinto them. alas -
jane321
Unread 09-21-2004, 11:03 AM
Weight Gain / or Loss?

I hate to disappoint you, but my dr. told me my uterus probably weighed less than a pound, but was the size of a 12 week pregnancy.
I have lost 32 pounds since surgery. I thought this was so wonderful, but just found out it is probably from not being able to eat much, because I have gallstones and will need my gallbladder removed. Not a good way to lose it.The good side is I went down 4 pants sizes since the surgery and am pretty much at my ideal weight now. Now, only if I can keep it off!

Peggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2004, 11:12 AM
Weight Gain / or Loss?

I, too have been looking for the upside of this surgery. I was thinking it would only be fair if a little weight loss was in store for me.

Actually, since I got the news two weeks ago, I've increased my workouts to try to get as fit as I possible can. So, I've lost a few pounds.

But if I decide to have my ovaries out -- then have to have HRT -- does that automatically mean I will gain weight back and then some?
Unread 09-21-2004, 11:22 AM
Weight Gain / or Loss?

It seems to be situationaly specific. My Dr. said some fibroids are dense and heavy while others are poreous and lightweight in spite of their mass. So it's difficult to predict.

For me, my uterus and fibroids weighed in at a little over 4 lbs but when I arrived home from the hospital I wieghed exactly the same as when I went in. However, in the 2 weeks I have been home, I have lost 14 lbs.

Perhaps its the hormones but I have no appetite and my old favorite foods hold no appeal. I am walking daily and drinking gallons of water so I'm sure that has helped the wieght loss.

Take care,
Peggy
Unread 09-21-2004, 11:38 AM
Weight Gain / or Loss?

I was 5 pounds lighter when I came home from the castle and lost another 5 pounds within the next few days, so all in all I am 10 lbs lighter.
I also had an enlarged uterus ( 20 wk size) and the one large fibroid was making my tummy stick out. So I lost that (yeah!!!!!)
Ive tried pants on and have much more room in the tummy area now.
That was one of the bonuses of having this done.
I just hope I can keep the weight off. That seems to be the hard part of menopause.
Best wishes

Linda
Unread 09-21-2004, 12:12 PM
Weight Gain / or Loss?

Since my tvh surgery almost 4 weeks ago, I have continued to lose weight...have completely lost my appetite and nothing is appealing to me (even my favorite Mexican no longer holds desire!)I guess it just part of the healing process and my body is adjusting, but I am not complaining other than not having much of a butt now-lol...so good luck to you..wish ya the best,Sheila
Unread 09-21-2004, 12:25 PM
Weight Gain / or Loss?

Within the first 3 weeks after my surgery, I had lost a total of 16 pounds.

I am now on Vivelle Dot 0.5 and have gained it all back
, although my appetite has not increased.

I just joined a gym last Thursday night and will actually meet with a councelor tonight at 6:00 to come up with a work out routine for me. I cannot stand it any longer.
Unread 09-21-2004, 12:32 PM
How many weeks out now?

Hi Tina,

Forgive my ignorance, but did you have both ovaries removed? Is that why you are on the hormone?

How many weeks post-opp are you now?

How rigourous of a workout are you allowed/able to do?

Do many questions....
Unread 09-21-2004, 12:35 PM
Typo Queen

I swear my fingers are just not working these days. Just call me the Typo Queen.

I meant:

So many questions....

Silly me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register