Surgery tomorrow morning....Im so scared!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery tomorrow morning....Im so scared!!! Surgery tomorrow morning....Im so scared!!!

Unread 09-22-2004, 03:18 PM
Surgery tomorrow morning....Im so scared!!!

I have been trying to think positive about the surgery.....but now that it is the day before......I am really scared.....Will I feel better when I get to the hospital??? Or will it be worse?????? I feel like running away right now......ohhhhh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2004, 03:23 PM

keep the positive thoughts going
I go in on the 28th - by then you will be home and all happy!
good luck tomorrow
Unread 09-22-2004, 03:30 PM

Hi! I can feel your fear! I go in Monday morning, but like "admin" said, you will be home and feeling better by then. You will need to give "us" support next week!:cry: Just keep reminding yourself that hundreds of thousands of other women survive it and we will too!!!! If I have heard it once, I've heard it a thousand times... the worry and fear is the worst part! You will be in my prayers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2004, 03:44 PM

Ditto....what they said! You can count on us for prayers, and we'll count on yours as well. You'll be feeling so much better before you know it. Everyone I know who's been there keeps telling me that. I trust and believe them....as well as those sisters I've found here.....but I'm scared and worried, too.....can't help it, I guess. They keep saying that the waiting is the worst part. I'm COUNTING on that!!!
Unread 09-22-2004, 03:54 PM

Been there - done that. Never sick a day in my life, then found out I had to have major surgery. Believe me, it will all be fine. It is harder for the ones in the waiting room (been there before too). Let us hear from you when you become a princess. Best to you tomorrow. Think positive.

Unread 09-22-2004, 03:56 PM

I am getting butterflys in my stomach just thinking of my upcoming surgical date. I will say a little prayer for you, and if you are the praying kind please do the same for me Oct 4th @ noon (West Coast time)!

Linda
Unread 09-22-2004, 03:57 PM

Fear not...you're not alone! I stayed very positive about my surgery while I was waiting for the day to arrive. I was nervous and scared, too. The funny thing was that the morning of the surgery, I couldn't wait to get there and get the show on the road! I had finally reached that point where I could think...'this time tomorrow it will all be over' and I was fine.

I know you will do great! I wish you all the best and I hope and pray that you have a great surgery and a very uneventful recovery!

Deb
Unread 09-22-2004, 04:07 PM

Hello , I had my surger 9-21. "Yesterday"
I am home now. I feel really good. When I got to the hospital I was fine until I got in the room. Then I started to cry. But soon I was being wheeled to the surgery room. And let me tell you. I am fine. See I am at the computer today. I was so freaked out before. And now, I feel like I have a huge rock lifted off my shoulders. Best of wishes to you. I know you will do fine. I will be thinking of you and praying for you. Just you remember you are becoming a beautiful princess.

Lots of hugs and Best wishes to you

Samantha
Unread 09-22-2004, 04:11 PM
I know how you feel

I had my surgery on 9/11/01. I had to be at the hospital at 7:45 am EST that morning to be prepped for surgery. They did some awful stuff to me (not trying to scare you, only prepare you) and after my wonderful enema they took me into this room where I guess they were going to shave me or something, i'm not really sure. I wasn't very far from the waiting room and all of a sudden we could hear people screaming. This woman came running down the hall hollering "a plane just flew into the world trade center in new york" i started having a massive panic attack (thought the world was ending) and took one look at the nurse and said "knock me out now or i'm getting up and walking out of here". i was so scared that there wasn't going to be a world to wake up to, i thought the world was ending right then and there. somehow it made what i was about to go through, while no means easier, but less difficult. You are in my prayers. I didn't run, and I will pray that you don't either. I had a serious case of endometriosis, and feel so much better "physically" after my surgery, and I know you will too.... sweet dreams and please post when you get home, you will receive lots of support here!

Jewell
Unread 09-22-2004, 04:17 PM
fear factor

Hi,
I can certainly relate to your fear. I had times when I was panicked and then more than ready to get it over with. All of your feelings are very normal.
All will be fine. Every time I use this site I see so many who are waiting, and I understand, and I am praying for you. I had never had surgery before, either, and I can relate to that, too. I am in the early stages of my recovery, but even so I am glad I had it all done.
LCP

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register