Adenomyosis | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-23-2004, 02:21 PM
Adenomyosis

I have had pelvic pain, bleeding all the time, pain when bladder is full, pain when stomach is full...Last 1.5 years. Been going to local Dr last 6 months and he kepts saying lets try this, and that...I have been on antibiotics, pain meds, tons of different birth controls, blah blah blah. Finally decided I was sick of it. Got a second opinion. Had Diagnostic lapro on Sept 15. Diagnosed with Adenomyosis. No endo, not other issues...
Went yesterday for one week checkup and decided against LUPRON...Not trying to have more children. Funny thing is I have had nothing but trouble since my daughter was born 4.5 years ago...My vaginal delivery was fine, but she was almost 10# and got stuck and the Dr had to struggle to get her out. I am chalking up the ADeno to that trauma. Anyways I guess my whole point is, I read your boards, did lots of research and have opted for vaginal hyster, (just uterus and cervix) in December. I am excited. I know it is a major surgery...But the thought of no more pain, being ABLE to have intercourse with my husband again, no periods...I see it as nothing but positive. THANKS!!!
One question though...Will my pain after be like after I had my daughter? Or more severe or less....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2004, 02:26 PM
Adenomyosis

Congrats on your decision!

I can't answer your question about the pain yet because I am still waiting to see if and when I get the hysterectomy that my doctor told me I need. But I can tell you that everyone I have talked to tells me they don't know why they waited so long because they feel so much better now. (if that helps any)
Unread 09-23-2004, 02:26 PM
Adenomyosis

I was also diagnosed with Adenomyosis. My pain was not more than period cramps for me and I was able to get off the pain meds at about 1 1/2 weeks post op. Many women are able to get off them before that! I think with all you have already been through that you will do very well with this! Good luck and Good healing sister
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2004, 03:23 PM
Adenomyosis

Hi there, I am post op, I had a TAH and they are thinking it was adenmyosis. I had such bad cramps, days of rolling around, heat pads, codine. Then 2/3 weeks later, hello aunt flo again.

Post op, the morphine drip is not working for the first 12 hours, did I care??? No I didnt.

I have never had children, but one thing I can tell you is that the mild pain I felt was minimal. I expect that the general was still active and by the time that wore off, things were settling down and the Dr. visited and gave me an injection of trop.?? something or other to replace the defective morphine drip.

Dont worry, this will be a breeze. Take a book.

I am 6 days post op and take no pain meds anymore. You will LOVE life after.

Unread 09-23-2004, 03:24 PM
Adenomyosis

Hi

I had a TVH (kept ovaries) on August 10. My pain following surgery was much less then after child birth. I am so glad I had this done. My life is so much better not having to deal with the flooding periods and pain any more.

Good luck to you.

Beth
Unread 09-23-2004, 03:56 PM
Adenomyosis

My pain the day after my hyster was less than I'd had the day I went into surgery. Of course, the demerol drip didn't hurt All in all, I found my recovery ouchies from surgery to be less than the backaches, cramps and migraines. It has been such a relief to be flood-, clot, painfree for an entire year now!!!

Good luck to you!
s
Cat
Unread 09-24-2004, 07:57 AM
Adenomyosis

I too have adenomyosis...diagnosed last year from MRI.
I have no pain, cramps since my uterine muscle they say is so enlarged it is paralized - so I have no signs of onset of cycle and just am considered a "gusher"(sorry but no other way to describe)
Going to drs next week to schedule and coordinate dates for surgery but I am having TAH - keeping ovaries and cervix.
Looking forward to only one more month of supplies and having to sleep on a towel for a week!

Good luck to you

Jen
Unread 09-24-2004, 11:37 AM
tired of pain!

Hello all, this is my first time posting a message.

I'm 41 years old, no children and I've been having heavy painful periods for about 6 years now. Tried all the usual stuff, tons of different BCP's, had CA in-situ removed in 99 and the OB did a D&C as well. Since then it's gotten worse. I miss at least 1 day of work a month, sometimes two. I get lots of extra's to the usual bleeding and pelvic pain, such as nausea, vomiting, lethargic, headache and even diarrhea too. I'm going to a new OB and just had a laparascopy last week on Thursday for endo. The Dr. said I have it but my follow-up is next week. Problem is...I got my period 2 days after the Lap and it was one of the worst ones yet! Two days in bed! I'm thinking the LAp was a waste of time and have been reading alot about adenomyosis....and thinking about a hysterectomy....I can't take much more of this....any suggestions? advice?:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register