castle date........oh I"m scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

castle date........oh I"m scared castle date........oh I"m scared

Unread 09-24-2004, 02:39 PM
castle date........oh I"m scared

my urologist office called today with my date, it's Oct 29th.....I'm having hydrodistension, urethral dilation and fulgaration (they use a laser to burn ulcers off our bladder inside) under general.....I will be admitted but that's about all I know right now.....that coupled with my last visit to the castle and telling my boss I need to be off for two weeks has me feeling quite nauseated.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2004, 03:51 PM

Well, Gidge ... this is progress although it seems stressful now. Hopefully, your bladder will return to a normal state after all of this work at it will be well worth the hassle.

You simply have to receive better treatment from the hospital staff this time. Law of averages is in your favor.

Big s
Unread 09-24-2004, 05:59 PM

((((Gidge)))))) Scheduling that surgery/procedure always brings it a certain reality, doesn't it? And with the experience you just had, it must be even worse than it normally is

One thing to keep in mind, is that this procedure may well be one that will bring in the relief you need so badly. And, please, to avoid a repeat performance, please be sure to insist that you want to discuss the whole anesthesia issue with the anesthetist.

Sending tons of s your way. Now breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out... now, hopefully, you're starting to relax
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2004, 11:21 AM

thanks girls, I have asked absolutely to have a Pre op appt to talk to the anesthetist.....I won't go in without one that's for sure....to top it off my cat (who is my best friend) is very ill at the moment so I'm beside myself today

thanks for all the support, I also have to try and figure out how to tell work but I did get a note from my GP on Sat for the two weeks I'll need afterwards so at least it's covered off.....
Unread 09-30-2004, 04:54 PM

well if y'all can believe it I still haven't worked up the nerve to tell my boss about the surgery yet, got a note from my GP on Sat for the time I need off so I'm all set but I'm just terrified of what she's going to say when I say I need to be off for two weeks and I'm having another surgery

in my defence it has been two years since the last surgery so I don't know why I'm so worried and I even have holiday time left that will mostly cover me if she doesn't want it to be "sick time" I think it's like a built in worry from when I had all my surgeries prehyst and then after.....I need some cheering on from my sisters when they get a sec' thanks!
Unread 09-30-2004, 07:57 PM

Oh (((((Gidge)))))) ((((sweetie))))), of course your sisters are right there in you corner, you on and holding you hand!!! Considering all you've been through and that it's been a while since you've had surgery, it should all go a lot better with your boss

Now, take a deep breath, puff your chest up (think of a peacock), hold your head high... and charrrrrge!!! If you say it with confidence, your boss will know that you're actually doing what you know is right
Unread 09-30-2004, 11:08 PM

(((Gidge))),
I'm sorry to hear about the surgery but glad things are finally moving along..hopefully toward some relief
I'm sure your Boss will be fine with it...I bet the more notice the better tho

My prayers will be with you my friend Pls keep us posted...((hugs))
Unread 10-05-2004, 10:25 AM

well I told my boss about my surgery date and she informed me that she doesn't "deal with any of that anymore" and that I would have to email all the heads of the companies that share me (I'm a receptionist for 5 companies) and find out if they think I need to get someone in to cover for me......hello? Of course we will need someone and if she wasn't my boss anymore shouldn't she have let me know? So I sent an email as most of them were away ......it's crazy because they're all going to go to her now and say "do we need to get someone in?"..........

I also told her I had a dr's note and she said "I would just hang on to it and if someone asks to see it give it to them"......

I guess at least they've been informed but talk about embarassing for me

there is some talk of having the secretary who just came off stress leave fill in for me PLUS do her job.......I think not.....she'll get too stressed it's very busy but my boss never believes that.

I haven't been called for my preop and the hospital still hasn't gotten back to me after the last nightmare visit.......needless to say I'm more then a little nervous.
Unread 10-05-2004, 10:42 AM

Good luck to you, and congrats on having the courage to stand up and tell your boss. I can understand, my boss is so intimidating, I feel like a little schoolgirl in her presence.

Best of luck on your castle date. I'll be thinking of you.

Laura
Unread 10-05-2004, 07:59 PM

Oh ((((Gidge))))) I so proud of you for getting the nerve to handle this issue Sorry your boss reacted that way.. that sure is a strange way to react

I would follow up with the hospital regarding the letter you sent, since you are heading back there... just to be sure this time will got without a hitch.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register