return to work | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

return to work return to work

Unread 12-19-2000, 02:29 PM
return to work

Had TVH with A & P repair work 11/1/00. My Dr. wanted me to stay out of work for 8 weeks because of a few minor problems and the very physical nature of my job. Had to fight tooth and nail with my insurance co. but finally they gave in. Well, my time is almost up and I'm facing major depression. I don't want to go back, I'm afraid I won't be able to handle my work and the related stress of being away from my kids again. Just talked to me supervisor today, they are still working 10 hrs a day. plus I have a 45 minute commute there and 45 minutes back home again, that's a long day. My kids(10 yrs and 5 yrs) are miserable, they've gotten very used to me being home. My 5 year old especially gets very upset when I talk about work. He told me the other day that he thought I had retired. I'm 40 yrs old and I feel that my kids are growing up so fast I don't want to miss any of their younger years. It's so bad that when I think about going back to work I just want to stamp my feet and scream like a 2 year old. I know financially that I have no choice so all I'm doing right now is venting but I knew my sisters would understand and let me vent.My DH doesn't understand, he thinks I'm trying to be lazy and that I just don't want to work anymore. Aside from my two pregnancies, I have worked my butt off since I was 17, so I'm not a lazy person by nature. Sorry this is so long but thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2000, 09:14 PM
I understand

Hi,
I saw your post and realized no one even responded to it. I've missed the board here since I just returned back to work. I'm six weeks post-op with bladder repair. I'm also tired of working and wish I didn't return. My daughter and cat had gotten used to me being home too. At least my husband understands. I'm really tired now from going back to work and I have a desk job. I just wanted to say hi and I understand how you feel. I have always struggled with leaving my kids and working. I suppose all we can do is our best and pray that all turns out well in the big picture.

Love, Light,Blessings
Druid (TLH with Burch Nov. 3)
Unread 12-19-2000, 11:52 PM
return to work

Hi,

I'm so sorry to read the feelings in your post, and I think they're most understandable. You are speaking from the heart of a mother...how fortunate your children are to have a mom with those feelings. Too bad your husband can't see that, because it has nothing to do with laziness but, rather, motherhood, which in itself is quite a "job". It IS work, and you're on call 24/7!

I pray that you will have a less stressful transition back into working, and I'm thankful that you at least had a taste of the stay-at-home life.

My very best to you...

Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register