trigger point injections - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

trigger point injections trigger point injections

Unread 09-30-2004, 08:23 AM
trigger point injections

Had an appointment with my physiatrist yesterday, had the NCV and EMG (not fun) and found out that (at lest some of) my pain is coming from my SI joints and multiple trigger points in the muscles surrounding them. Unfortunately, I do have arthritis in the joints themsleves AND degineration of the discs in my back. Because of my history of ulcers and allergy to sulfa drugs NSAID therapy is going to be difficult. I am going to try my luck with trigger point injections and steroid injections. For those of you going through these, I look forward to hearing how/if they are bringing you relief.

To answer (((nel's))) questions: Yes, I had these problems prior to my hyst, but had no prolapse repairs. And there are definitely things that I know w/o question are going to cause me pain. Sitting on hard surfaces and certain positions with DBF are amoung them.

to all who are suffering with these issues!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2004, 01:22 PM
trigger point injections

Hi ladies

I too suffer from SI joint pain, and I recently got a pair of custom made orthotics from a highly recommended company here in Canada and they have worked wonders. I wore orthotics before, but they were a different kind (Foot Maxx). The new ones don't even compare - light years better!!

I have also had tp injections in my pelvic area, as well as a couple of nerve blocks in the illioinguinal region. They helped me. I had 2 injections in both areas, and they helped quite a bit. I don't think I'm 100%, but I have come to accept that probably no one on this Earth is 100%!! I am happy with how I am now - I live a normal everyday life, there is nothing I can't do, I am not on pain meds, or any other meds for that matter, and I'm just generally happy. Ocassionally, I'll feel the place in my pelvis where I had the tp, and then I'll realize that I'm probably a little dehydrated. So I drink a couple of glasses of water, and what a difference. I know it sounds simple, but it's amazing what water can do for us. They say the same for people who suffer from joint pain or arthritis - DRINK LOTS OF WATER.
I consider myself a success story.
You do have to give the injections time to work though - I found about a week and a half or so before I started feeling great. Good luck to you all.
Shelley
Unread 10-10-2004, 07:24 PM
just checking in

Hi there all. I just wanted to check in and give you an update as a few of you had asked me to keep you posted on my condition following the trigger point injections. I'm very happy to report that I'm doing much better. I had a second set of injections a couple of weeks ago ... about five in my stomach and a few vaginally. The first few days after were rough as it seemed all of my bad spots were irritated by the injections. However, around day five, I started to notice real relief. In the past I've always had to take a pain pill around 10 a.m. as I couldn't bear the pain anymore, but now, I can go until about 3 in the afternoon. Also, it seems I haven't been suffering as much after lifting, sitting, standing for extended periods, etc. I even went bowling the other day! I'm continuing the exercises recommended by my Phyarist and she says I probably need only one more visit with her and then I'll be good to go!! My SI joint is stablized for the most part, but comes out occassionally, but it take me no time to put it back in. So, I suspect I'll need a few more series' of tp injections as I have some really nasty spots in my abdomen. I am feeling hopeful for the first time since my hyst! I hope each of you are also finding some help. Please keep me posted as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2004, 07:26 PM
one more thing ...

Endosister:

thanks so much for the tip about water. I had a massage therapist tell me one time that I would be helped by drinking large quanties of water. Unfortunately I didn't really heed her advice, but since your post I've been drinking lots of water and I do think I am noticing a difference. THANK YOU!
Unread 10-11-2004, 08:26 AM
trigger point injections

(((kari)))

Glad to hear that the trp injections are helping you get some relief! I will probably get my first set this afternoon (have a 3:00 appointment with my physiatrist). I know my problems are at least two-fold (some SI issues/ some endo problems) but hoping this will bring me some relief!

Please continue to keep us updated on how things are going for you!
Unread 10-11-2004, 09:38 AM
trigger point injections

BillsSweetie:

I really, really hope the tp injections will help you! I didn't notice any difference after my first series of shots. In fact my pain was worse the day after. So, just plan on maybe having an increase in pain and be patient. Your doc will have to do some experimenting with the first couple of rounds to find out where you need to be injected. Also, take care of yourself. Get plenty of rest, drink lots of water and eat lots of healthy foods. I believe our bodies can heal themselves, they sometimes just need a push in that direction through medicine/technology.

Also, my doc told me to take it easy following the shots. I hope you can put your feet up later today.

Please let me know how it goes.

Big hug,

Kari

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register