Soaps | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-27-2004, 01:28 AM
Soaps

I watch Passions. It's a hoot! Does anyone else watch it?
During high school I watched General Hospital. When Luke and Laura where IT. When I was younger I watched Days of Our Lives with my mom. She still watches it. It's funny how these shows can draw you in and get you hooked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2004, 01:37 AM
Soaps

Bold and the Beautiful cracks me up aswell I watched today and saw "ridge Jr" how funny after all these years Brooke is back with Ridge after being with both his brothers and 2 kids with his dad!!!! How bizarre but it always ***** me back in
Wendygai
Unread 09-27-2004, 02:50 PM
Soaps

Now that does sound like a hoot! Right now on my soap one girl is preggers with twins. She was a surrogate for a couple, then thought she lost the baby so she slept with the husband (after getting him drunk). Now both babies could be hers. Both could be the other woman's Or one could be hers and the second the other woman's.

Another girl has been sleeping with her boyfriend for a couple of years. Shortly after finding out she was pregnant with his child, she discovered that he is her mother's long lost son. INCEST!

Passions also has bad witches(Juliet Mills is the main witch), demons, angel statues that come to life. An entire house was even sucked into a hole leading to hell. The town is so weird, no one really thought it was that odd. There is a lot of humor in this soap. They've down graded the magic for a while. Other stories are being addressed right now, so it's in the background. I like things that are different and this show is definitely different!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2004, 03:09 PM
Soaps

I must confess have watched this before and really is a laugh What happened to Timmy? i always got a laugh out of him and is Charity still possessed? Isn't it funny how the sopas "Love" a possessed character What about Marlene in Days possessed again at least now I don't think she has the devil eyes happening
Unread 09-27-2004, 03:54 PM
Unhappy - Soaps Soaps

Unfortunately, if I remember correctly the actor who played "Timmy" died of the disease which stunted his growth 2 or 3 years ago. I enjoy watching Y & R. My DH and DS think it quite funny that I enjoy watching and yes laughing at the soaps. They are soooo predictable. But if they are watching a series that is on in the evening, CSI, JAG, etc. that's okay. Go figure.
Unread 09-27-2004, 04:06 PM
Soaps

Hi susan
maybe you could fill me in what is with Abbey the daughter Ashleigh has with Victor I only float in and out with Y & R over the years
Wendygai
Unread 09-27-2004, 04:32 PM
Soaps

Not sure how much you know, but from what I gather (I've only been watching occasionally this year) Ashleigh was impregnated without Victor's knowing. Well, he found out he was the father when Abby watched the video Ashleigh made when she thought she was dying. Abby was having lunch with (I don't remember who) but evidently Abby told this person that Victor was her other daddy (or something like that). (Not much help am I?!) Well now, Nikki after having such a hard time with Victor knowing has gone into partnership in a strip club (her old profesion). Go figure.
Unread 09-28-2004, 01:37 AM
Soaps

Quote:
Originally posted by kindred

Another girl has been sleeping with her boyfriend for a couple of years. Shortly after finding out she was pregnant with his child, she discovered that he is her mother's long lost son. INCEST!

Now, that's a plot thread that goes all the way back to 16th century British revenge tragedy (not to mention Moll Flanders), but I always thought American soaps avoided that.

Passions also has bad witches(Juliet Mills is the main witch), demons, angel statues that come to life. An entire house was even sucked into a hole leading to hell. The town is so weird, no one really thought it was that odd. There is a lot of humor in this soap. They've down graded the magic for a while. Other stories are being addressed right now, so it's in the background. I like things that are different and this show is definitely different!
Sounds like a Dark Shadows (anyone remember that?) for the 21st century.

But Juliet Mills -- Nanny of Nanny and the Professor -- as a BAD witch?! Oh my!
Unread 09-28-2004, 11:13 AM
Soaps

Yes, the actor who played Timmy died. What's really freaky is that the actor died on the same day as his character died. They were going to bring him back as an angel after the actor returned to work. Poor little guy. He was only 19 when he died. They let all of the characters mourn for Timmy. I'm sure it helped the actors heal. They still talk about him with great affection.

As for Dark Shadows, my mom use to watch it. I've seen a couple of episodes. That show was a hoot! I love things that are different, and having a brother-in-law who is a werewolf or a cousin who is a vampire is definitely different.

I use to watch Buffy. I liked the humor. Good scripts. My favorite episode was titled, "Hush." No dialog at all. That made it even creepier. No one could even scream. Ooooooooo
Unread 09-28-2004, 11:18 AM
Soaps

Yes, the Nanny is the bad witch and loving every minute of it. You can tell she is having a ball. On the show her name is Tabitha and her daughter's name is Endora. The actor who played Dr. Bombay was on the show once. He was her "witch" doctor.

I keep hoping that her sister, Hayley will make an appearance. She can play her sister or maybe a good witch. They can party and/or battle!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register