who has fallen.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

who has fallen.... who has fallen....

Unread 09-28-2004, 08:19 AM
who has fallen....

Morning sisters,
Just wondering...has anyone fallen during there recovery??? I fell going up my stairs in my house...it was dark and i thought i had one more stair to go and and i was already at the top...i fell into and onto a box fan and my computer printer...UGH!!!! right away my left side hurt...wasn't having any pain there b4...oh but now i am...called dr. he said should feel better by the 3rd day...well yesterday was 6 days since i fell...went and seen dr. cuz i was still hurting...said that i "could" have torned the fasha(sp) the muscle that hold our abdomin...but he is hoping that it will heal ok on its own even if i did pop a stitch...i did this on the 11th day of my recovery...i am still scared that i really did harm to myself...i feel like i have taken a big step backwards...i just feel like a idiot for doing something sooooooooo dumb!!!!

take care and be safe,
~Zoo~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2004, 09:07 AM
who has fallen....

I haven't fell, but just wanted to let you know i'd be thinking of you. We all have accidents, so don't feel like an idiot! I don't know why we do what we do, but we can't help it. We are all just human. Just try to get plenty of rest, and try to relax and let your body heal. I know it's easier to say than do. I noticed we had the same surgery date and wanted to let you know i'll be thinking of you. Good luck on your recovery!
Debbie
Unread 09-28-2004, 12:07 PM
who has fallen....

I'm so sorry that you fell...and I can certainly sympathize.

I had a TVH on 8/6/04 and fell down the stairs in my house 1 week post op. My Dr. wasn't too happy with me. This is the only time I've ever fallen down these stairs...what timing.

I had some additional pain right after the fall, for about 3 or 4 days, but it got better and the Dr. says I have healed fine.

Just listen to your body...if something feels "not right"...listen up.

And...be careful on those stairs!

=-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2004, 12:15 PM
who has fallen....

HI there! a huge to you!
I did not fall during recovery but you have my sympathy. I am surprised I did not fall or something of that like as I am a clutz. I would insist on more being done if your not better soon. I know the recovery is tough enoug without this complication. I have read several posts recently where some have fallen. Try not beat yourself up on this. It is so easy to misjudge steps. I have to pay attention royally as to where my feet are all the time going down steps as I am visionally challenged. I cannot carry huge loads etc or go fast. I have to literally look where my feet are if I don't Im clueless. I rarely do stairs in the dark. If not I have learned to feel my surroundings. From someone who has great eye sight you forget the things neccessary to compensate for not knowing where your at feet wise. So just remember from now on go slow and use lights. I hope you get to feeling better soon.
keep us posted
teres
Unread 09-28-2004, 01:43 PM
who has fallen....

Thank you ALL...for the kind words and thoughts...Yes pugdoglover...i too have lived in this house for 12 years and have never fallen like this and i normaly do those stairs 10-15 times a day...and it just happened so fast that i didn't even get a hand down to help stop the fall or try to catch myself (which might have hurt worse...never know) this recovery is hard enough for me cuz i am a goer and a doer...so i knew how hard this was going to be...but now it just seem worse...lol...well it is...but i have been laying like a "dog" and just taking little walks...i mean little...like walk down 2-3 houses...Thanks again to the 'SISTERS' here....

take care and be safe,
~Zoo~
Unread 09-28-2004, 09:46 PM
who has fallen....

Dear Zoo,
I'm so sorry to hear that you had a fall. I hope that you get better each day. Call your Dr. if you are having bleeding problems, redness, fever, or just anything that continues to be out of the ordinary. I have a tri-level, and you have reminded me of how careful I need to be going up and down the stairs. I tend to carry a basket of supplies, and other things in my arms. Your warning of the dangers has made me w-a-y more cautious now! My thoughts and prayers are for your continued healing, an extra dose of patience, and a road to full recovery.
Unread 09-29-2004, 04:36 AM
who has fallen....

Zoo

I hope you feel better soon. It might help to put ice on your sore area. It may help with any inflamation.
I am almost five months post op. I wanted to let you know that you are not the only one to have spills after coming home, so don't be down on yourself. I think we concentrate so much on holding our sore abdomans, that sometimes we don't look ahead enough or just don't pick our feet up enough. I am doing good now, but I was clutzy for a few weeks post op. When I came home from the castle , before I even got in the house I almost fell to the ground. It was dark outside when I arrived. I decided to walk around back of my house so I could check out my flowers on the deck before coming in. I didn't see the garden hose sprawled out on the ground.The hose went inbetween my sandal and under my toes. I was tripped, but caught myself before hitting the ground. It did hurt my insides really bad. I was bleeding from my incision when I checked it before getting into bed. I had my staples removed the next morning from a hematoma. My dr. said it wouldn't stay together because of scar tissue from my 4 previous c sections, but I had to wonder if my tripping really made it come apart more. I never did tell my dr. about the incident. I felt too foolish.

I am sending a great big and wishing you all the best in your recovery
Peggy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register