Opinions Needed - LSO 5 months post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Opinions Needed - LSO 5 months post-op Opinions Needed - LSO 5 months post-op

Unread 09-28-2004, 07:17 PM
Opinions Needed - LSO 5 months post-op

I am in need of some opinions, PLEASE!! I had an TAH/RSO on Arpil 30, 2004. Almost 2 months ago I started having pains like I had before my surgery. I called the doctor after about two weeks. After two more week s of waiting because he was out of the office, he sent me for an ultrasound. He called with the results Monday. I currently have two ovarian cysts and the remains of one that has burst. He said that I have two options. I can get shots of Depo-Provera for the next 20 years or I can have the ovary removed and go on HRT. The doctor said that he would have to go in through the hyst scar due to scar tissue. My recovery period would be basically the same as the hyst. I am sort of leaning toward just having the ovary removed. The problems would be over and done with and I could get on with my life. Any input/opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2004, 07:27 PM

I had a TAH/BSO on May 7th, 2004. I resisted for 5 years. I got tired of constant bleeding, ovarian cysts, severe headaches, etc. I was all for hanging in there for the sake of being a "complete woman". The surgery and recovery were tougher that I ever expected, but I have NO regrets!
No bleeding!
No cycts!
Plenty of GREAT SEX!!
Orgasms!
And most of all, I am still a "complete woman".
I take .9 of cenestin (estrogen) daily, and feel good.
Have experienced mild depression off and on but still have NO REGRETS!!
Hope this helps, best of luck in whatever decision you make.
Tenderfoot
Unread 09-28-2004, 07:35 PM

Your situation is what I fear most.........we left my left ovary in because #1, I really didn't want to be thrown into surgical menopause at 39, and #2, my Dr. said it looked very healthy. Last December, when all my problems really started to come to a head, I had a cat scan that showed a 7cc cyst on the LEFT ovary, and a 5cc cyst on the right. Both of them dissolved by the time I had an ultrasound 4 weeks later. I had a scope in May to try and clean things up....loaded with adhesions and some endo on uterus and right ovary....left looked great. Ended up having to do the hyst on Sept 13, took uterus, cervix, right ovary and tube.......both docs said left looked very healthy. I still have this fear that eventually the cyst will return, and that pain I felt was like a knife being pushed through my gut. Your right where I fear I will be someday..........and when, and if, I get to that point, I will know that it is time for it to come out also. Good luck on whatever you decide..............

Kelly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2004, 07:40 PM
my opinion

As someone who had to have her incision reopened 17 days after my TAH/LSO/hernia, I have a definite opinion. You may think I would tell you to take the Depo-Provera and avoid re-opening your scar at any costs. No! Reopening and recoverying again is a small price to pay to avaoid Depo-Provera. My doctor tried me on that before a had an endometrial ablation. I felt like I had turned into "Ms. Hyde." I was irritable, short-tempered, decreased frustration level, frequent crying, extreme depression. My co-workers noticed the change in personality and approahed me about it. I couldn't stand it for a short period of time let alone for 20 years! Good luck with your decison.

Karen
Unread 09-28-2004, 07:46 PM

That was how I felt on the Lupron..............my husband actually called my Dr. and told him that our marriage was on the line with this stuff !!!!! (just kidding, but getting his point across)

Kelly
Unread 09-29-2004, 12:59 AM

Hi There,
We were reversed I guess. I had an LSO on April 30 due to cysts. She found some adhesions and things on my uterus at that time.. but wanted to try just doing that to see if it would help. I had a TVH and RSO september 9. She had suggested that I keep my RIght ovary.. I told her no.. I was tired of the pain... then when I had my surgery she said that it was a good idea that I wanted the right ovary gone. It was already full of cysts... so I would say go for it............ I am 39 and I have no regrets......... I am on a small dose of hrt and am doing fine.........best of luck Pen
Unread 09-29-2004, 07:52 AM

Ladies,

Thank you for your opinions. They support what I was leaning towards. I am ready for this ordeal to be over. At 28, I am ready to leave this all behind me and get on with my life. Thank God my DH thinks that I should just have it removed.

One last question, how soon after having both ovaries removed did you start with the symptoms of menopause? I would assume it would be almost immediately.

Curly3

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register