HORRIBLE MESS... Surgery is in 2 days... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Aching Hearts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

HORRIBLE MESS... Surgery is in 2 days... HORRIBLE MESS... Surgery is in 2 days...

Unread 09-29-2004, 06:44 PM
HORRIBLE MESS... Surgery is in 2 days...

Hello again,

My surgery is friday and as a part of me is relieved the other part is petrified. I am scared to death of the aftermath emotionally. I posted previously about this and now that is hysterectomy eve eve I am really feeling it. I won't back out because this has to be done. Painkillers can no longer be my best friends and I have no life right now. I AM JUST SO SCARED. I want to run, I want to hide, I want to crawl under a blanket and wish I didn't know about all of these medical problems. I also, want to be out of PAIN..... This pain rules my life... It dictates how my day will go... I just can't believe at 27 I am having a hysterectomy. I never in a thousand years would have thought that.. No woman in my family on either side has ever experienced any of this. So, this is where I am at tonight... I just need some hugs, prayers, some comfort from all my sisters who understand this madness and sadness... Thanks for listening.. Lauren
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2004, 07:43 PM

Dear Lauren-
Bless you! Here is a ! I will that all goes well with you! I am scheduled for a TAH-BSO on 10/04. I am also petrified, but I know that I almost have to have it done to have any sort of life ahead of me pain free! I am 32 and think that I am too young for this, but then I read on here that there are so many others who are younger than I am. So, good luck to you! Keep your chin up! I'm sure that you will have lots of Sisters praying for you and cheering you on! Best Wishes! Rondaroo
Unread 09-29-2004, 08:09 PM

Hi Lauren

You poor thing!! It is scary isn't it? You need to take lots of deep breaths and do your very best to find something to distract yourself. If you can do this you'll find the whole thing not quite so overwhelming. I know you won't believe this now, but it isn't going to be anywhere near as bad as you envisage. It's quite natural to be feeling like you are right now, but you'll make it and look back this time next week and wonder what you were worrying about!!!!

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this at such a young age but that's how things work out sometimes.....it's not fair I know!!! Hopefully this surgery will give you your life back and allow you to enjoy yourself again as someone your age should be doing.

Many many s and heaps of best wishes for your surgery.

(Rondaroo....all the very best to you too!!!!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2004, 11:04 PM

Hi Lauren,

I just want to wish you well on your surgery Friday. I was scared for my hyst, but it was not as bad as I had imagined it to be. I am so glad the pain and problems that I had are behind me now.

I wonder what women did before they had surgeries to help them? Their lives must have been very painful. I am very thankful for the medical help we are offered in this day and age.

I will be thinking and praying for you . You will look lovely in your new crown. I'll be looking forward to seeing your posts in Post-Op. Your sisters are all here supporting you.

Sending lots of
Unread 09-30-2004, 12:25 AM

HI Lauren,

sending you some and

I know that the pain you are suffering is emotional just as much as physical.

I pray that your surgery is uneventful and that your recovery is a smooth one. Once you stop going through the overwhelming physical pain, you will be in better shape to deal with the emotional issues.

I will be thinking of you.
Unread 09-30-2004, 08:02 AM

Hi Lauren,
Here's another some and a cup of hot calming

We'll all be here for you when your home and with you in spirit while your at the castle. Your in my
Unread 09-30-2004, 03:41 PM

Hello Lauren,

Sending more and will be thinking about you on the day and saying for you now, during and after.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Unread 09-30-2004, 04:04 PM

Hi Lauren, you are definately NOT alone! The friday before my OP - it seemed to come out of nowhere - i suddenly could not sleep - was feeling stres when i just *knew* it would have to be ok - I have been thru too much in my young life (CAII at 24 yoa) and constant GYN probs since I started my period - feels like a lifetime of pain, suffering and getting no answers or help. I know that even tho I am feeling strange - up and down with emotions etc - it is the best for me, for my life, for my quality of life. Part of me feels so relieved that my cancer risk is all but gone, another part feels all those post op emotions that seem to be on the verge of driving me bonkers. Hang in there - you will do better than you think you will - and that will help your in hospital recovery, just thinking the day after the OP when it is over and you are awake and walk for the first time its like "wow! I surprise even myself!" no, it is not an easy road - but you will come thru fine, and i am here praying for you too - and thinking of you. Please write when you are home from hospital and let us know how you are doing!

Julia
Unread 09-30-2004, 05:32 PM

hi Lauren,
I understand how you are feeling. Now that I am on the other side from my visit to the castle now I may speak words of wisdom, as soon you will be able to. The best thing that I can tell you is that you need to think positive. When I went in for my surgery I went in thinking the absolute worst. What will the pain be like? How long will I need to recover? I imagined that it would feel awful and it would take an eternity to feel better. Do you know what I learned? The pain that I felt after surgery only lasted a very short while (only a couple days) and it was nothing compared to the years and years of pain I had previosly experienced. And there was a rainbow at the end of the tunnel unlike the other pain. I knew that once I got over the couple speed bumps in recovery I would feel better. And after only 2 months I feel 200% better. If I had known years ago that this would have made my life so much better I wouldn't have suffered for so long. Don't get me wrong there were rough patches but in no way do they outweigh the great outcome. I hope for you that you have a very speedy recovery and that you feel as great as I do now!!

BEST WISHES!!!!!!
Your'e in my thoughts!!!!

Carie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register