allergic to climara patch? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

allergic to climara patch? allergic to climara patch?

Unread 09-30-2004, 10:01 PM
allergic to climara patch?

I had a TVH almost six weeks ago. I wore the weekly climara patch okay the first 2 weeks. Then I began to itch, then as time went on, got hives and finally called the doctor after deciding that I hadn't changed laundry soap, softener, etc. She said to take it off. It seems to be getting better now, but I don't go for my six weeks until Monday. I took Estradio orally for several years before my surgery so can I be allergic to the patch but not the pills? has anyone had this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2004, 10:13 PM

Hi Some ladies are sensitive to one or another of the estradiol patches. You might try switching to a different brand, because they are each a little different as far as what's in the adhesive. Another possibility is that you might have a soy sensitivity (the estrogen in Climara is made from soy). A good one to try might be the Vivelle dot... first of all, its estradiol is made from wild yams rather than soy; and secondly, it seems to be the one the fewest women report sensitivity to.

Hope this helps!
s,
-Linda
Unread 10-01-2004, 08:48 AM

I am on the Climara patch 0.1 mg. I changed it on Monday and you can still see a red spot where the patch was? Is that an allergic reaction or should I be concerned? It doesn't itch or anything. I don't see the till October 14th. Plus another question why does doc have me at the highest dose of the Climara patch?

Rae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2004, 09:11 AM

Some people are just allergic to adhesives. I had kind of a pimple by my first patch, but haven't noticed anything since.
Unread 10-01-2004, 10:48 PM

I used the climara patch for two months on my belly and had terrible itching in that area and redness for a week after removal. I switched to placing the patch on my backside (as instructed in the pamphlet) and have had no itching or redness. I guess the skin on my belly was more sensitive. You might try it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register