More about Adhesions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

More about Adhesions More about Adhesions

Unread 10-02-2004, 09:38 AM
More about Adhesions

Good Morning Ladies,
I have a question. Although I didn't get a surgery report. I did see part of it in my gyns office. It said I had adhesions on my uterus... why would I have these??? The only other surgery that I have had requiring and incision was the Lap I had in April to remove my left ovary, and I had my gall bladder removed 12 years ago through a Lap.

She had told me after surgery that I had a large fibroid at the top of my uterus. Pathology said there were no fibroids. When I asked her she said she thought it was... She said she didn't know that my Uterus was a little large at 155 gm...

I feel like that you have the surgery, and that is it... they tell you nothing... maybe that is because we would worry too much and it wouldn't help our healing... I don't know... I have no regrets. I just want to get back to where I was 6 months ago.. I have felt bad since March... I know the end is in site..... Thanks to all you wonderful ladies who share your stories and your advice.. I need to get busy cleaning... take care and have a wonderful day..
Pen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2004, 10:03 AM
More about Adhesions

Hello

I had a TAH in May. My dr. said I had extensive adhesions sealing my uterus and bladder together and onto the abdominal wall. He said in the surgery report that this is common due to the 4 c sections I have had. I had abdominal pain going on so My gyn sent me to a post ab. surgery pain dr. He thought I had adhesions for sure since I had them during my Hyst. He did a lap. last Wed. and didn't find any adhesions, just scar tissue from all of my surgeries. He said it may cause me pain for now on. Nothing he can do about it. He also said hopefully I just need more time to heal from my hyst. because of being cut open and having the nerves severed 5 times. I guess time will tell. While doing the lap. he went ahead and took out my gallbladder. I had been having symptoms and had a scan which showed gallstones. That was to be my next surgery anyway. The gallbladder was quite inflamed and had adhesions all over it. I have no idea why it had adhesions, because that is one place I had never been operated near. am hoping that no adhesions form in my abdoman down the road. I will ask the surgeon many questions when I see him for my post op appt. Monday.

What us sisters have to go through!!

Peggy
Unread 10-02-2004, 10:56 AM
More about Adhesions

I was also told that I had a large fibroid at the top of my uterus. Pathology showed no fibroid. What I had was adenomyosis. Adenomyosis is when the uterine lining grows into the uterine wall. This causes swelling that mimics the look of a fibroid. My uterus was 385 grams.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2004, 11:08 AM
More about Adhesions

Hi ladies!

I just had adhesion surgery on 8/26/04. My hyst was 9/03 and had one ovary left. This surgery was to go in and take the remaining ovary out. I was having severe pain in my back and side. When he got in there I was filled with adhesions. My bowel was attached to my bladder and intestine. Needless to say he didn't take the ovary out. One adhesion was wrapped around a muscle in my back that is why I was having so much pain. My 45 min surgery turned into over 2 hours. He put heparing and something else in there to help the adhesions not to form there anymore. I had to lay on my left side which I couldn't do to help the fluid settle there. Not sure if it worked because the pain in my side is back. I've had a slow recovery, off work 2 weeks and went back part-time the last 2 weeks. I get to work from home so there is money coming in. I try to go back Mon full-time and hopefully I won't need to come home.
Unread 10-02-2004, 11:18 AM
More about Adhesions

I know how you feel. I have so many unanswered questions too. I go to my Dr's office with many questions, and he is in such a hurry, (because he is always running late) that he really has no time. I wanted to know why my enodmetrium was weakly proliferated. (?) What did that mean? I wanted to ask why I cannot sleep for more than an hour or two at a time then wake up for a bit, to go back to sleep, to wake up again etc... I told him I was having pulling and cramping, not severe but uncomfortable, and he shrugs and says its normal healing for the next 6 months. See you next year for your annual.

I do feel much much better than before the surgery. I do not have the painful cramping, that lays you out, no more bleeding for days and days, and cannot understand why I haven't bled to death, not walking like the "Hunchback" because my tailbone hurts so bad I cannot walk upright. I have also noticed that I am not so moody, angry, or sad.

Anyhow, I figure, I feel great most of the time, take a motrin 800, and the achey's go away. Drink coffee, and I have enough energy to make it through the day.

I hope it gets better soon......I want to forget about even having this surgery.

Good Luck to you, and God Bless you every day!

'S

Tasha
Unread 10-02-2004, 07:09 PM
More about Adhesions

Thanks for all the info... it helped me understand some other things. I agree Dr.s are in too big of a hurry. For the money they make.... have a great Sunday...........Pen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register