4 weeks post-op, 5 days post-move | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks post-op, 5 days post-move 4 weeks post-op, 5 days post-move

Unread 12-21-2000, 04:18 PM
4 weeks post-op, 5 days post-move

Bleah!!! Ok, I had my post-op visit today. The good news is, I'm healing beautifully, my incision looks like it's been there a year, and the redness is fading (read: almost gone.) The doc gave me the go-ahead on most activities in 2 weeks. (YAY!)

On the down side... we just moved. 6 hours in a moving truck, and now I'm literally surrounded by boxes. Our old apt was significantly larger than the space we're in now. So, between running around turning on utilities, and running to WalMart for cleaning supplies, and trying to decide what goes where (we havent even STARTED unpacking), and Christmas shopping... the list just never ends. I'm sleeping something like 12 hours a day, and everyone's pestering me to keep resting, but JEEZ it just doesn't seem like it's going to happen!

Nothing like having too much stuff, so that you can't even sort what you have... *sigh* I've cried twice since we got into town, and may well do it again. But, I've got good family helping to get things straight. Still, we can't even stay in our new place... too many repairs to be done, not enough space to actually sleep til we unpack some and get rid of our stuff. I'm at the point now I want to just donate random boxes to goodwill!

Oh well, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger! I'm off for some hot cocoa and a nap!

Nae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2000, 04:21 PM
hey

so what didyou have done exactly, Im new here and my surgery is for jan 16th uterous out for fibroids and endometreosis. talk to me about what I can expect they will do a lap not scope
Unread 12-21-2000, 04:55 PM

Hi Linzay! I see that you are new to the board. So am I. So your surgery is coming up within a month. I guess better after the holidays. The rush is all over and the clean up will be all done before your big day. I had problems with the endometriosis besides having a cysts on my ovaries. I had Total Abdonimal hyserectomy with both tubes and ovaries removed. Yup and the cervix too. If you want to know any thing more, feel free to ask me here. Have a good day Linzay.
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2000, 01:53 PM
my surgery

Linzay: I had a total abdominal hysterectomy, where they removed my uterus, cervix, ovaries, and fallopian tubes, as well as cleaning up the adhesions from endo. Recovery is a pain in the butt, but it seems to be happening. The main thing is, listen to your doctors and the lovely women here and rest and walk! *laugh*

Nae
Unread 12-22-2000, 02:10 PM

Nae - Take it one step at a time. I know it's overwhelming right now...moves always are...but it'll work out. I moved from larger house to smaller house a few years back so know what you mean. When you do finally start unpacking..take it SLOW...get you some empty sort boxes...a box for goodwill and a box to re-pack and store...sort through the stuff a little at a time and start downsizing. UNTIL you can get to it....REST. You're still recovering...don't over do it just because you've got a lot to do. It's great that you've got help.

My thoughts are with you.
[Edited by Dot on 12-22-2000]
Unread 12-22-2000, 02:52 PM

Nae...don`t give away the box with the pillows!!!!!
Unread 12-23-2000, 12:54 PM
moving sucks

Well, I'm doing my best not to overdo... driving everyone nuts by bugging them to bring me boxes to unpack while i'm sitting on my butt. Bad thing is, we've got a ton of repairs, it's cold in here... and while dropping 200 feet of licing space doesn't sound like much, when you only had around 750 (for 3 people) it's a lot.

On the positive side, I saw my doc Thursday. He said I'm healing beautifully... I also saw my path report (see sig). No wonder I hurt for so long! *laugh*

And I breathe, and I take net breaks, and I unpack what I can... and it'll happen.

Nae

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register