How To Shave Your Leggs! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How To Shave Your Leggs! How To Shave Your Leggs!

Unread 10-04-2004, 03:52 PM
How To Shave Your Leggs!

I could not get anyone to volunteer for this. After 2 weeks I couldnt stand it anymore.So what I did is duct tape my razor on a 2 ft wooden dowl..It works great! Make sure the razor is new so you don`t have to press too hard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2004, 03:59 PM
How To Shave Your Leggs!

I'm a wax girl and at 3 weeks post op can't face it yet, Pjs and track pants hide a multitude of sins
Wendygai
Unread 10-04-2004, 05:06 PM
How To Shave Your Leggs!

Hmmmm....I had my 1st post-op visit today....So I had to shave the forest!! I shaved my legs in the shower as normal, worked well. No pain and now no hair!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2004, 05:23 PM
How To Shave Your Leggs!

I'm like Wendigai, I'm just hiding them. At least we don't have to go thru the grow out feeling again. I don't like it when it feels like a porcupine...
Unread 10-08-2004, 06:50 PM
How To Shave Your Leggs!

[quote]Originally posted by Blossom77
I'm like Wendigai, I'm just hiding them. At least we don't have to go thru the grow out feeling again. I don't like it when it feels like a porcupine... [/QUOTe

Hi I'm just about 5 months, But I shortly shaved mine after I got home , Very carefuly, Just put my leg on ledge and went for it, Not the best shave but it was better then scarry harry legs , got better as I healed also good luck little lese
Unread 10-08-2004, 07:30 PM
How To Shave Your Leggs!

I'm a girl that shaves every day, and for the 2 days in the castle without shaving my legs nearly drove me crazy. On the 3rd day after my surgery, I was in the shower trying to shave, and what a sight that was. I couldn't bend over, and trying to lift my legs and prop them on the edge of the tub was hard, I kept getting charley horse's in my thighs!! I finally got it done and was wore out with the effort.
Unread 10-08-2004, 07:49 PM
Stepstool helped!

I used a little Rubbermaid stepstool to put my foot on and it made it easier to reach my legs. I also used the same stool to set items on that I need every day and I didn't have to bend over quite so far for 5 different things.
Unread 10-08-2004, 10:50 PM
How To Shave Your Leggs!

I would just sit on the toilet and have a big bowl of warm water next to me on the floor and it didn't hurt at all to bend over a little to shave.

Debbie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register