What is the most memorable compliment you have ever received? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What is the most memorable compliment you have ever received? What is the most memorable compliment you have ever received?

Unread 10-09-2004, 08:03 PM
What is the most memorable compliment you have ever received?

I was wondering what compliment most stuck with us through life or made an important impact.

I think mine most likely is when people have complimented me for being like my Mother. She was a lovely intelligent woman who did a lot to help others.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2004, 09:18 PM

It's not really one specific comment but yesterday at work (my last day before surgery), lots of my co-workers came up to me and let me know that they were going to miss me and it just wouldn't be the same without me there. It was SO nice to hear that I make a difference to everyone I work with. It really meant a lot to me.
Unread 10-09-2004, 09:24 PM

Karibean----good luck with your surgery. Hugs. Kay

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2004, 09:33 PM

My son told me he had found a girl, "just like you mom". He married her
Unread 10-09-2004, 09:49 PM
Back to school

All my life I was led to believe that I was stupid. If I was stupid, why try in school? After more then a decade away from school, I went back. I was terrified. All those negatives were sitting on my shoulders whispering the old messages. But I wanted to try.

Funny thing, everything I turned in was returned to me with a big fat red "A" on it. Hum, I thought. Maybe they've dumbed down the classes. It couldn't be that I really deserved these grades. However, the "A's" kept coming.

Then something really weird happened. I was invited to join something called Phi Theta Kappa. I'd never heard of it. Honor society? Hum... Maybe it's just a group that "invites" everyone so that they can have members to solicited for money? What the heck, wouldn't hurt to hear what they had to say.

I found out that "Phi Theta Kappa has recognized academic excellence in the two-year college since 1918 and has become the largest and the most prestigious honor society serving two-year colleges around the world." These people want ME?

This is when I started thinking, maybe I'm not as dumb as I've always been told and led to believe. Since then, I have gain a lot. I'm really glad I went back to school. It has given me more than just an education. It's given me a confidence in myself I never knew I was able to achieve.
Unread 10-10-2004, 06:01 AM

This is very vain, but it applies. I've always had big feet...runs in the family. I wear a 91/2 and sometimes need wide sizes. One of our patients (I work for a Chiropractor) and I were comparing our sandals and she commented on what pretty feet I had. I was floored. Never in my life have a had a postitive comment about my feet! I'll never forgot her for saying that.

Cathy
Unread 10-10-2004, 08:15 AM

The nicest thing that I ever heard was when my married daughter told me that she wanted to bring her children up the way I had raised her and her brother. She asked me how I did it so well and I told her that the main thing is to always remind them that you love them even when you're telling them off.
What a wonderful compliment from my beautiful daughter!!

Regards,
Diane
Unread 10-10-2004, 01:00 PM

My most memorable compliment also came from my oldest DD after she was married. She told me " You let us grow to be our own person"!!

I did something right!!
Unread 10-10-2004, 03:08 PM

I think the compliment that makes me beem the most is when my aunt says "you are the spittin' image of your father". My father passed away many years ago,when I was fairly young, but I've always felt that I am like my dad and hoped that he had time to instill me the morals and attitude that he had in him. When I hear from my family that is left, that I remind them of my dad, it makes me smile and know that he did a good job for the short time we had together. My father's memory lives on in me.
Unread 10-10-2004, 04:59 PM

My mother told me I had a kind heart.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register