What is the most memorable compliment you have ever received? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What is the most memorable compliment you have ever received? What is the most memorable compliment you have ever received?

Unread 10-20-2004, 07:57 PM
What is the most memorable compliment you have ever received?

My most memorable compliment was so "off the wall" and exaggerated that I will never forget it. I was in my mid-20's and worked in a public service position in a large metropolitan setting, serving disadvantaged populations. I had a middle-aged immigrant woman in my cubicle who appeared to be of Eastern European descent -- attractive, with very dark eyes and hair. She was strikingly different than the (mostly) washed-out blonde Nordic types who are common here in Minnesota! I was happy that I was able to help her, and was accustomed to receiving thanks for doing my job, but she started saying, “Thank you, my beautiful blue-eyed darling. You, with your gorgeous blue eyes, are wonderful..” And, she mentioned my “blue eyes“ (which, by the way, are very ordinary) several other times before our meeting was through. Her gushing on and on about my eyes, in her exotic and dramatic accent, resulted in weeks of teasing from my eavesdropping co-workers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2004, 05:31 PM

That is an interesting compliment! I suppose in some countries blue and green eyes are rare.
I have always been told by even strangers in stores that my eyes look like cat eyes. I don't know if that is a compliment or not because one woman said my eyes scared her and she thought they looked like the incredible halk! Hmmmmmm
They are just a very light green with a dark ring around the green part.
Unread 10-31-2004, 10:51 PM

When my 12 y.o. DS was about 4 he looked at me and said
"I like you"
I rember thinking that was straight from the heart, I can't rember what I had done or said to him but it was so sweet. Kay

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2004, 11:21 PM

When I was about 11 or 12, Sister Bernice said to me: Patience is a virtue and you have it."

And, this isn't really a compliment, but I want to share it anyway...I am 40 now and my dad (my world) died when I was 10. That year (1974 - 5th grade), autograph books were a big thing at my school. Each kid had one and the other kids would sign them for you (kinda like the yearbook thing, but on a "younger" level). A few weeks before he died, he wrote this in my autograph book:

"Be kind to the people you meet as you climb the ladder of success. Because you'll meet them again if you come back down the ladder."

I no longer have the autograph book, but I have never forgotten those words. They have helped me many times in my life when I was frustrated about something. And many people compliment me on the way I relate to others. I think it was all because of that kind wisdom from my dad.

:dragon:
Unread 11-01-2004, 08:02 AM

my mother in law told me that I was the best thing to ever happen to her son. I was floored, we always had a good relationship, but I never expected that. I love her dearly...
Snickers
Unread 11-01-2004, 05:19 PM

I think the best compliment I have ever received was after I returned to work from being off for my Hyster. My co workers hugged me and said how much they missed me. They couldn't believe how wonderful I looked and commented on my rosey cheeks. I had been as pale as a ghost for years! My clients ( I work in a mental institution) ran up to me and hugged me and said how worried they had been about me and was so glad I came back to them.That made me realize how much I was appreciated.

Peggy
Unread 11-02-2004, 10:01 PM

When my best friend of 20+ years told me that she has always admired my confidence and independence.

Half the time I don't even feel that way! LOL
Unread 11-06-2004, 06:45 AM

One of my most memorable compliments was when My father told me that I grew up to be a classy lady and a great mother.
He was a person who rarely handed out compliments!
Unread 11-06-2004, 10:42 PM

My 14 yr old daughter was talking about her friends parents and said she was glad she had me for a mother.

And...a man once told me, "Your eyes are so beautiful, it hurts me to look at them." I should add that this was a man who had nothing to gain (ie he knew he wasn't going to get into my pants.)

Donna
Unread 11-17-2004, 04:25 PM

THAT was a special compliment from a 14 yr. old!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register